so ... testing begins at school today ...
this morning ... LeAnna is in the shower, coughing her head off ... so I took her a piece of Orbit Wintermint gum ... (totally opens you up - really helps) ... anyhoo ... handed it to her ... she says, "thanks Mom" ...then she says ... the teacher will be giving us gum during our tests today ...
really? why?
well ... she said it will help us be smarter while we're taking our tests ...
ok ... cool?
I walked out of the bathroom, went to fix breakfast and Nate came into the kitchen and said ... LeAnna just explained the "gum thing" that's going to happen today at school and told me you just gave her gum in the shower ... he said, "she told me that she felt smarter in the shower this morning because Mom gave her gum" ...
alrighty then ...
so ... after they left ... I googled ...
found this ... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2009/04/chewing-gum-raises-kids-math-scores.html
very intersting ...
hmmm ...oh well ... if it works! that's great! ;0)
happy chewing ... tammy
1 comment:
Hey I might have to give Caroline some gum while she does Math. Anything would help - that girl can NOT remember her multiplication tables and we've been working on them for 2 whole years!
Post a Comment