Thursday, January 26, 2006

Nostalgia and Memories

Going through my grandmother's things today brings an air of nostalgia to the room ... you could "smell" the memories (we were going through boxes and boxes of her old keepsakes and cards, etc.). My Mama Neely passed away two weeks ago (at the age of 95) and my mother, myself and LeAnna are at her home in Florida creating "more memories" just by going through all her things together. Tears, along with old musty smelling newspaper clippings, cards and special sentiments that loved ones had sent her have stirred up alot today. I was given a box of things that I had sent her over the years which was very interesting to go through - and funny to read some of the things I wrote as a young child. LeAnna is having a blast looking at old pictures of her mommy and all the fun stuff included in the boxes. Here's to a day in "our history" of special "moments". - tammy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Great to know what you did today!

Anonymous said...

i love to reminisce about people that had such an impact on my life, so i share your emotions.
cherish every memory.

Anonymous said...

Great! I wish we were there with you all. The other day I came across the last birthday card Mama Neely had sent me. She had written me a poem and sent me a "blessed dollar". I was thankful to have found another written memory of Mama Neely - she continues to be a blessing.

Jan

Anonymous said...

Larry and I just love Mama Neely.
We love to be with Ann and Judy and
here stories of their mother. There have been times when Larry and I would be thinking about what
a great lady that She was, and we
would make a phone call to her.
She was such a blessing to both of
us. The Neely family will miss her
but that have so many memories of
this great Lady.
Love all the family.

Larry & Linda Curtis