Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Good Morning ...

LeAnna had a sleep-over last night with her friend Kaitlyn ... Last night we went to Nana's house and played for a bit and then came home and they watched the Muppets before going to bed.

I can't believe I actually woke up before they did this morning! I TRIED to go back to sleep, to no avail! OH well ... =)

SO ... I thought ... hhmmmm, I'll surprise them and we'll go to McDonalds for breakfast!

Okay - so - they didn't fuss at all! Can you believe it?

We ate breakfast and then they went out and played for a bit on the playground ...

Coming out of the house this morning, I heard LeAnna tell Kaitlyn, "oh no, my Mom's got her puzzle with her!" ... ha! Yes, I Sudoku ... and I played Sudoku while they played on the playground! =) It's relaxing to me ... it's all about the numbers ... and you only have to focus on numbers 1-9 ... and I think about nothing else except number 1-9 ... So ... Yes ... to me ... it is relaxing not to think about anything else!!! Crazy ... I know ... but hey ... we all have our "oddity's" and that's what makes the world go around - right?! =)

Okay ... So ... I LOVE listening to "little conversation" .... what I mean by that is ... conversations held by little people under the age of ... let's say 6 .... =)

So ... this morning ... this is the conversation I heard between LeAnna and Kaitlyn ...

Kaitlyn: oohhh what's this?
LeAnna: that's my Dad's shaver
Kaitlyn: oh ... my Dad don't shave his face anymore ... well ... only sometimes ... just when it gets lots of hair ... but he only shaves his legs now, not his face ... and my Mom does too.
LeAnna: oh ... well sometimes when my Dad gets in the shower he puts hump cream on his face
Kaitlyn: what's that?
LeAnna: that white stuff on your face you shave
Kaitlyn: oh


I was dying ... first of all - finding out that Thomas shaves his legs "now" and not his face! ha! and secondly ... since LeAnna was about a year old and just starting to talk she has always called whipped cream (which is one of her favorite things to snack on) - "hump cream" ... we're not sure how she arrived at this, other than just "trying" to say whipped cream ... anyhoo ... it stuck and to this day, she still calls whipped cream "hump cream" ... okay so ... she thinks that Daddy shaves with "hump cream" ... =)

Funny ... funny ...

I just LOVE kids! They are SO cool .... so innocent, so free ... not really any worries - other than, "who's going to be first" or "which game will we play first" ... etc ...

And LeAnna gets SO excited when someone comes over ... especially Kaitlyn ... they have so much fun and play together so well.

So ... Happy Tuesday, as I leave you with this little thought ...

"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

2 comments:

Renee Camacho said...

OMG - TAMMY - ha - Thomas is dying, I'm sure! Thank you for sharing that -

And, I'm so surprised that little Miss Share-it-all didn't share her own 'shaving' experience.

She actually had a big bath in the big bathtub the other night. Ventured out and got my 'hump' cream and decided to shave her own legs. She apparently cut her self and tried to stop it from bleeding herself before finally telling us. The poor thing just knew she'd been in trouble. Had bandaids, paper towels, towels, and all kinds of stuff all over everywhere before she crippled up the stairs past her daddy to tell me quitely crying that she'd cut herself. And then - she was worried because it was bleeding so bad that she'd need stitches again - poor thing!

Anyhoo - ask her about it!

TracieClaiborne said...

Too funny! I love to listen to kids too. I try to write down the most hilarious things Caroline says.

The other day Mike took her to Arby's and she got cheese sticks and fried chicken tenders. He said, "you're having two things that are fried? That's not healthy." She said, "Well...sometimes ya gotta live it up!"

Ha!