Good Morning …
The funniest thing happened last night on the way to Clarksville ….
LeAnna was in her seat … content … singing with the radio …
All was well for about 10 minutes … then she said , “I’m hot”!
So … I turned up the air.
About 2 minutes later she says … “I’m still SO hot!”
I turned it up again and I told her to look up in the ceiling and see if it was coming out right … she did …
Still hot …
So … I said come up to one of the seats behind me and buckle in there.
She did … but … still hot …
I turned around and looked at her … her face was SO red! I felt so bad for her … I got to thinking maybe she was sick or something!
I said … “do you feel okay?” … she said , yes, I’m just so hot!
So … against my better judgment … I told her to come stand by me … she stood there a few seconds and then leaned over in between the seats with her head down …
I said … “baby, are you okay? – are you sick … do you feel bad”?
She said … “yes, Mommy – I’m just so hot!”
So I turned all the blowers on her … and she said, “Aahhh … that feels so good” … her cheeks were SO red … I thought my goodness – what in the world …
So after a couple of minutes … I told her to go back and sit down on one of the seats behind me again – that it was just too dangerous for her to be standing there.
WELL …
All of a sudden – I felt heat on my back side … and I thought … oh know … I must have hit the button for the heater in the seat … I looked down and the button wasn’t on …
I thought … hhhmmm … that’s odd … why am I so hot on my backside?
I reached my hand around to the back of my seat … and it was SUCH a dramatic temperature difference! I still couldn’t figure it out!
Okay … I’ll admit … I haven’t taken the time (had the time really) to learn all the little features on our new van …
I fiddled with the knobs once again for the back of the van … but this time … NOTICED that I had the heat on instead of the air for the back … and all this time had been turning it up higher and higher … until finally it was full blast heat!
Oh My Goodness!!! My Poor Baby … She was in a Sauna! I felt SO bad!!!!
Okay … so I immediately turned it to COLD and started apologizing to LeAnna … I told her what had happened … and reminded her that the night before, she was SO cold on the way home and wanted the air off … and knowing that even “off” it continues to blow “some air” … so I turned it to warm (I thought) so it wouldn’t blow cold. She gave me the most pitiful look she could conjure up - you know the “Oh, Poor Pityful Me” one … yeah – she milked it! And I did feel bad! Especially looking at the temp on the dashboard and it’s like 90 outside!
Bless her heart … I was laughing at myself – thinking how dumb is that! … and you know me lately!
Oh well … just another day in the life!
Okay ... so ... last night on the way home this is the conversation I heard in the van from LeAnna, her cousin Dawson and her friend Kaitlyn:
Dawson: Hey you know what? My uncle and aunt are having a baby
LeAnna: Are they getting married again?
Dawson: No, they're already married
LeAnna: Oh ... well ... they just got married?
Dawson: Yeah
LeAnna: Oh ... well ... I'm wanting my Mommy and Daddy to get married again too
Dawson: Why?
LeAnna: Cause I want a baby sister
Kaitlyn: LeAnna - you already have a sister - Princess
Dawson: Well I have Nemo and Spencer but they're not my brothers ... only Jackson is my brother
Kaitlyn: Well she can act like it's her sister ... I don't think Tammy and Nathan are going to get married again.
LeAnna: Well they can and I want them too - because I want a baby sister
Kaitlyn: Well, I think you can get married again even though you're already married ...
LeAnna: Yes, you can - that's how you have a baby
Dawson: How?
LeAnna: To get married - that's how you have babies ...
Dawson: Oh
Oh My ... aren't they great?!?!?!
Happy Friday … as I leave you with this REALLY cool “observation” …
I noticed something for the first time Monday and then again on Wednesday … LeAnna loves to sing while she colors … and Monday afternoon she was just singing so pretty and all of a sudden I heard her “attempting” to use vibrato in her voice … it was SO stinkin’ cute! She was really having to “over do-it” at first …. But then she sort of caught on and it actually sounded pretty good. She did this with no help … I was proud of her! At 4, one of many first steps in developing her voice.
… tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment