Monday, October 02, 2006

Down On The Farm ...

Good Afternoon ...

Back from Gentry Farms ...

Had a great time! The kids had a blast!


I was so glad to be able to share this first field trip with LeAnna. I met a new Mommy today who thinks she was one of LeAnna's pediatric nurses at Vanderbilt during her heart surgery ... she looked familiar and LeAnna was familiar to her ... it was really neat talking to her.

They played in a barn with interactive things for them to do ... then they took a hay ride to the pumpkin patch, "shopped" for the perfect pumpkin ...


The smashed pumpkins are referred to as "cow candy" ... and after the kids chose their pumpkin ...we were taken to see the cows and feed them "cow candy" ...

How fun is that?

It was a fun trip!

On a more nostalgic note ... today would have been my Dad's birthday ... he would have been 60 today ... how ironic that we passed the cemetary where he's buried this morning on our way to the farm. My family always looked for a reason to have a party ... and we definitely would have had a Large 60th party for him today! He would have been so proud of LeAnna. He wanted a grandbaby so bad and talked about it all the time. "So" ... in my head ... I had my own little sentimenal moment of reflection ... had to ... there were four 5 year olds and another Mommy in my vehicle ... don't think they would have remotely cared about my "moment" ... =)

Anyhoo ... Happy Birthday Daddy!

Although I'm enjoying this very warm weather this week, I'm still happy it's autumn "officially" ... Happy Monday ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

I LOVE Gentry's Farm! Isn't it like the most picturesque place on Earth. So beautiful. Love your pictures! That one of her looking over the wagon rocks! We didn't get to go through the maze, did ya'll? We went last year when they had a homeschoolers day. It was fun. I thought about going back there this year just for the photo opps, LOL. We are going to one called Honeysuckle Hill Farm with our group. There's also one called Jackson's Orchard in BGreen, I might go there. Pumpkin patches are my favorite place in the world! LOL

I know how you feel about missing your Dad. I still think about mine often, even after 14 years. Love you!