Saturday, October 07, 2006

So Is 3rd Time Really A Charm?


Good Evening ...

I finally went and picked up my platter at the Firestation ... It turned out better than I expected ...

ALTHOUGH ...

Someone "who didn't know what they were doing" ... put my platter on the wrong type of stand (or something) ... and there are three places on the bottom of it that came off in the oven AGAIN ... UGH!!!! I went ahead and accepted it ... the only issue is that if I sit it down on my table or buffet, it will scar it ... SO ... guess I'll have to put some felt dots or something on it!

Oh well!!!!

I'm FINISHED with platters !!!!!


Moving on to something else ... !

I have been going in a gazillion circles today ... We had two baby showers at church today (I took gifts for both ... but only stayed for one) ...

Rough night ...

LeAnna had a sleep over ...

I had diet coke with caffiene right before "normal bed time" ... and couldn't go to sleep ...

When I FINALLY decided to go to sleep ... my pump was 3 units from being out of insulin ...

SO ... had to change it ...

Ran my blood sugar test ... Can you say "rockets" ? Yea ... high ... SO ... all the more reason to change the pump site ...

Had to stay up until I knew my blood sugar was okay ... that was 3:30 or so ...

Fell asleep on the couch ... in my clothes ...

Woke up about 6am or a little before with a VERY low blood sugar ...

Never went back to bed !

AND ...

Have been working on stuff for church today ... plus ... working on favors, etc. for LeAnna's birthday parties this week ... one at school on Wednesday (actual birthday) and then her main party is Saturday ...

I am SO tired that I can't even go to sleep ! ! ! !

I try to "relax" and I think of something else I need to do ... so I've just been writing down things on my "to do" list ... to do "later" ... ha!

LeAnna fell last night and banged her head really bad ... it definitely left a mark! It was on her temple and she hit it so hard ... she apparently tripped and fell, hitting the corner of a chair ... the noise was loud enough for Nate to come upstairs because he heard the hit!

Bless her heart ...

Her and Daddy went bike riding today ... he gave her the choice of going to the park or riding bikes ... how fun is that?! They had a great time!

Just for the record ... 5 years ago right now ... I was SO big and SO miserable ... that I felt as though I needed a wheelbarrow to get from room to room ... because at this point ... I was going no where but from the couch to the bathroom! Tommorrow - five years ago would have been my last doctor's appt. (just didn't know it at the time) ... I remember getting my belly stuck in the steering wheel! ha! Yikes!

Yes ... I'm WAY too tired right now ... woo-hoo ...

Oh yeah ... and in my "spare time" today ... I practiced making Southern Tea Cakes for LeAnna's party at school on Wednesday ... we're going to be decorating shaped tea cakes ... and I didn't want to wait until Tuesday night to start a new recipe ... they turned out pretty good ... Nate asked where the chocolate chips were! ha! I said ... it's a tea cake ... he said, "so" ...

Oh well ... I figured the "thicker" tea cake like cookie would be easier for the kids in her class to work with and decorate ... FUN!


Happy Saturday Evening ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

I can't believe she's almost 5. Wow. Time flies.

Your platter looks good!

Okay after reading your blog now I'm craving Cheesecake Factory and tea cakes. heehee Bad Tammy!