Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Got Icing On My Cake ...



Such a tizzy frazzle today ...

Thinking I had everything just about done ... LeAnna and I headed out today to finish up some shopping and do some last minute errands ...

We slept in this morning (good thing) because I'm thankful for that right about now!

Still up ... doing around here ... wrapping gifts, baking, cleaning, etc ... we start Christmas at noon tomorrow (Christmas Eve) with Nate's family ... so much to do before bed!

Anyhoo ... to make a VERY long story short ... this afternoon, I remember talking to Nathan on my cell phone, hanging up the phone ...but that's it ... I'm not sure where I put my phone ... but anyhoo ...

Arrive at Michael's Arts and Crafts store ... shop there for at least 45 minutes or so ... get up to the register ... and told the cashier to wait just a moment while I found my phone ... Renee had sent me an ad via email for 50% off ... so I was just going to show her my email with the coupon in it to see if that would work ... well ... couldn't find my phone ... told her that I must have left it in the car ... paid for my goods and headed to the car ... anxious to find my phone ...

Looked everywhere ... couldn't find it ... drove up to the front of the store, jumped out, ran in and asked if a phone had been turned in ... nope ... so ... I left my information and to PLEASE call me if it was turned in ...

meanwhile ... went to the post office to mail Christmas Cards (yep - late) and then home ... got home, emptied car and searched frantically ... also got the cordless home phone and dialed my cell phone ...

nothing ... AAHHHH ...

at this point ... realized that my phone must have been stolen out of my purse at Michael's ...

panicking ... decided to call Nate (whatever for I'll never know) ... I guess so we could both panic ... insurance is not offered on an i-Phone ... so once it's gone ... it's gone!

yep ... gone ...

so ... oh yeah, long story short ...

so ... after speaking with AT&T and Apple Care people ... found out two things (should this happen to you)

1. have your # suspended

2. call the police and get a police report ... give them your serial # on your phone ... this way ... if someone tries to pawn your phone ... they can't if the serial # has been reported on it AND they will contact the police and you can get your phone back (small minimal charge however)

Anyhoo ... Nate and I went back to Michael's together ... walked around the whole store calling my cell phone ... asked a couple of people if they had seen a pink cover i-Phone ...

nope ...

So ... after covering about the whole store ... an employee walks by us and Nate said he felt like he should ask her ... so he did ... she said, "yes" ... WHAT?!?!?!?

Yep ... they found my phone ... hanging out in the framing department ...

I can't tell you how this happened ... I'm just happy to say that it was found!

We went to the office to retrieve it and 3 other employees were standing around it and saying, "it keeps ringing" ... hahahahahah

Nate hugged the lady and said 'thank you' ... I checked my phone, there were 42 missed calls!


Yep ... tizzy frazzled today ... that was just the icing I needed for this cake of a day!

I am such a weirdo that I just attract this kind of junk I guess ...

oh well ... still a ton to do ...


happy holi-daze ... tammy

3 comments:

Student Pastor - Jason Avant said...

Oh My ... That is classic ... if I losy my phone, yep, I would die!

And 42 missed calls??? How many of those were your number from home?

Ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that story ended so well.
Eddie

rickandlisa said...

Hey T!
This is my first visit to your blog - great story!!
leanna is a doll!
Be sure to check us out at wearingvets.blogspot.com

Tooz