It goes without saying ... I've been busy ... I'm not concerned about "not blogging" ... but I am very concerned and have been beating myself up pretty good over not "journaling" ... which is what this blog is all about ...
Yes ... it's been crazy ... but in my craziness I still have "journal thoughts", yet once again, not posted ...
...
We have this crazy bird that has decided to drive us all nuts!!! For a few weeks now, we had been hearing a "knocking" sound in the dining room ... it was our fine feathered friend perched on the back of our rocking chair and flying himself into our dining room window ... after he would hit the window, he would fly backwards, land perfectly back on the edge of the rocking chair ... and then ... would poop! There is massive amounts of birdie doo all over the rocking chair, all lined up perfectly ... from where it would do this repetitively, over and over until I would knock on the window and scare him away!
Well ... all of a sudden, Mr. Birdie decided to try out the kitchen window! Same act, different spot ... flying from a tree limb into the kitchen window, fly backwards back into the tree (talented) ... and I'm sure pooping all over the place!
This poor little guy is literally scaring the poop out of himself!
Some days I laugh, some days I get upset from the annoyance of his behavior (yes, I said "he" ... only a "he" would act like this) ... ha! ... just kidding ...
but one day in particular ... I was ironing ... and while lost in domestic thought ... Mr. Dirty Bird started it up again ... honestly my thought was more of a "sigh" followed by a "he's at it again" ... and as I stood there ironing, my thoughts drifted to the scripture about how God cares for the birds ... he cares about the ones that fall ... and I'm assuming he cares about the dumb ones that fly repetitively into my windows ... and I thought ... oh my ... if HE cares about that dumb bird ... how much more HE cares about me ...
all about me ...
all about my feelings ...
all about each time I fall ...
all about each time I cry ...
all about each time I feel like I am the only one in the whole world facing "the issue at hand" ...
Yep ... and as the tears started welling up ... my thoughts turned into humble thankfulness that HE really does care about me ... and all my "junk"!
... and to think ... that HE would care enough to send Mr. Dirty Bird along, as if he were knocking, trying to get my attention to show me this ... well ... it made me feel pretty special!
It's amazing the little "signs" He really does send us if we'll just stop long enough to see them or in my case, hear them.
happy day ... tammy
1 comment:
So very true! HE cares about us so much!
Post a Comment