Friday, October 09, 2009

A Pictureless Celebration ...

LeAnna came home yesterday afternoon and said ... "the teacher said I need to do my birthday treats tomorrow at school!"

I was really planning for Monday (birthday is Sunday) ... however ... Friday it is!

So ... she said ... "I want cupcakes" ... okay ... doable ...

I have everything I need to do cupcakes ... not a problem ...

until ... I remember something being mentioned in our meeting at the beginning of school about "not" bringing cupcakes to school this year ... for whatever reason ... not sure ...

so ... went and found my orientation book ... and yep ... there it was ... "No cupcakes" ...

so ... we had to go to the store to find something else to make ...

she decided on brownies ... and she wanted them iced ... and the kids names on them ...

Yikes!

Normally, I would say, "this is the way it's going to be, and it's not iced brownies that have names on them" (only because this is an extremely busy week for me)

however ... we're not "going all out" like we normally do for LeAnna's birthday party ... mainly because last weekend was filled with a wedding to photograph and this weekend is too ... and her birthday is Sunday ... and then we leave for vacation next weekend ...

SO ... already feeling a bit bummed ... almost as if I've "let her down" ...

I know, I know ... I've already heard it from Nate - "just have a cake and open some presents"

rrriiiggghhhtttttt ... like I can even remotely do that!

but ... we are celebrating on her birthday Sunday, just a much smaller scale ... with friends coming to a restaurant to eat ... there will be a few festivities, a small theme ... it should be good ... just not what I'm used to doing ...

anyhoo ... so ... feeling all this ... I totally gave in and said, "yes, I'll put icing on the brownies and write the kids names on them"

however ... didn't get started on the brownies until about 10pm ... and once they cooled, I cut them and iced them ... and then started to write names ... and realized ... they wouldn't fit!

yikes!

So ... when she got up this morning ... she found "initial brownies"

She liked them ... and that totally made me okay ...

The only thing I didn't like about today ... was I had to send the brownies to school this morning and did NOT get to go help celebrate and take pictures ... they have decided that 2nd graders do not need a "party" on their birthday at school, just some simple "treats" at snack time ...

hmmmm ...

just a slight hormonal melt down about not capturing that moment ...

oh well ... it will only get worse ...

I knew I was right to take advantage of every "moment" the last 8 years! It has passed so fast ... I just can't even wrap my small brain around it!

So grateful for every "moment" I get!

It is going to be another very busy weekend ... with a wedding to shoot tomorrow all day and LeAnna's birthday on Sunday ... whew!

Calgon? It's not even in my picture right now!

happy day ... tammy



3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Happy Birthday, Leanna!

Mmm... makes me want to bake some brownies!

TracieClaiborne said...

I can't believe she's already 8. That's kind of weird that they don't allow cupcakes but they ARE super messy. I always groan when Caroline eats a cupcake in a cute outfit. LOL!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe she's 8! Time flies... Before we know it our babies will be grown....