Yesterday - Father's Day ... we had the "Most Outrageous Tie Contest" at church ... too much fun! It was GREAT seeing how creative the "men's wives/mothers" got! ha! Not sure if one man made his own tie ... but that's okay ... only proves one thing ... Men couldn't exist without women! ha! Can I get an AMEN?!
Anyhoo ... Nate didn't win ... but everyone seemed to enjoy participating.
We went to Rock Island again this weekend (Friday and Saturday) and we gave Nate his Father's Day gifts there ... a Kenneth Cole watch and a gift card to K&G Outlet ... he seemed really happy with his prizes. LeAnna made some stuff at school for him on Thursday and was so excited to be able to give it to him ... THEN decorated his card herself, sealed it up and gave it to him ... getting TOO big - TOO fast!
We had Father's Day dinner at Caney Fork Fish Camp ... and then had to pick up the Princess from the Puppy Apartment she stayed in while we were gone. They said she did great ... I would too if I had a sling bed in my own little "space" and cable tv to watch all weekend! Too funny ...
So ... yes, Father's Day yesterday ... and I think of my husband on this day for being a wonderful father to our daughter ... I also think of my father-in-law for being a "father figure" in my life and a great Dad and example to Nate ... but I also take time to reflect on my dad .... he died in January of 1999. I miss him ... and from time to time - wonder what he would do if he could see LeAnna ... he wanted me to have a child SO BAD ... that there were times he would hurt my feelings by things he would say about it ... he was sick and at times didn't realize what he was saying ... and I of course never let on that he hurt my feelings ... SO ... NOW ... TODAY - I wish he could see her! I'm sure they would be best buddies! LeAnna knows ALL about him ... she looks at pictures of him ... watches videos of him ... and talks about him alot ... there have been times she would cry and we would ask what was wrong and she would say, I want to go to Heaven, so I can see my Grandaddy with a stick ... (too funny - she calls him this because of the crutches and canes he walked with).
Oh well ... life goes on ... sometimes we don't understand "LIFE" ... but ... a lot of it is not for us to understand "now" ... but maybe one day we will.
Just thankful for the moments that I have to look back on and reflect ... I guess that's why it is so important to me to take lots of pictures, journal alot and try at every opportunity to make a special memory ... it is SO hard to convey how much I really do love LeAnna and I want her to know one day SO BAD how much I do! Maybe I feel differently because of what I have gone through to get her here ... not even knowing if I could have children ... then finding out I could, it taking about 7 years to have her after enduring a lot of miscarriages ... then her getting here early and then open heart surgery ... she is DEFINITELY our Miracle! So ... yes, I can say I have witnessed a real, live, true miracle in my lifetime!
Okay ... whew ... back to the moment ... =)
So ... had lots of pictures to post today and Blogger is having issues again!!! Ugh! I will try and post them later this afternoon ... so sorry ...
Happy Monday as I leave you with this to ponder ... tammy
"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself." ~John Gregory Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment