Good Morning ...
S U M M E R ... It's Here! Well - Wednesday it will be official ...
S U M M E R ... It's Here! Well - Wednesday it will be official ...
I took this pic of LeAnna yesterday morning ... she was laying on the couch "waiting" for something to happen on this "almost summer" day ... and I saw her daydreaming and grabbed the camera! Fall is my favorite time of year, but Summer is my next favorite ...
I have MANY memories of each Season growing up ... but I recall SO MANY in the Summer!
When I think of "S U M M E R" ... I think of:
* grape kool-aid
* bicycles
* skinned knees
* my grandaddy
* water fights
* kim mitchell ... (best Summer friend)
* spam ... (ick)
* hide-and-go-seek
* my dog Wendy
* jumping on the trampoline
* laying on the trampoline with my pillow, making objects out of the clouds
* laying on the trampoline with my pillow, star gazing at night
* youth group activities
* sitting up with friends until wee-hours of the morning, sitting outside talking
* vacation bible school
* pushing salted peanuts in my pepsi can, drinking it ... and NOW recalling that unique taste
* late nights with friends sitting on the steps of the Parthenon at Centennial Park
* spagetti-o's and grilled chesse sandwiches
* youth camp
* florida vacation to visit my family
* my sand box
* my swing set
* ted, my next door neighbor (he taught me all about football and baseball)
* my riding lawnmower (courtesy of my grandaddy)
* iced tea
* grapefruit with LOTS of sugar
* sandals
* flip flops
* the color green
* picnics at the park
* feeding the ducks at the park
I quizzed LeAnna on what she thought about Summer .... this is what she told me .....
LeAnna's "thoughts" of S U M M E R ...
* catching butterflies
* the moon (at night time)
* roses
* cinderella's castle
* mommy
* swimming with daddy
* playing outside
* riding the cantoon boat (pontoon)
* riding the skidoo (seadoo)
* going to Nana's house
* going to Granny's house
* going to Judy's house
* my house
* playing in the bathtub
How cute is that?!
So ... Happy Tuesday as I leave you with this thought ...
"In summer, the song sings itself." ~William Carlos Williams
2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL picture - MUST use! And - love the comments - I need to do that once things slow down a bit...hate that she was sick today...Thomas just told me! K...back to work now ...ha!
Hey you!
a) That picture rocks! What lens did you use on that one? I'd love to know. I'm looking into lenses now and just ordered a 50mm as a starter.
b) Your list is awesome! It needs to be scrapbooked! LOL
Loved your comments about sketches on my blog btw.
Post a Comment