Yesterday morning I had to work ... but yesterday afternoon we got to play! We went swimming where my mom works ... It was a beautiful day ... and a very nice one to be in the sun! I was in the pool about 10 minutes when I realized that my pump was still hooked up to me! Oh My Goodness!!!! I was a nervous wreck getting out of the pool and getting it dried out, dried off, and anything else I could do to it! ha! It seems to be okay ... so, thank goodness! It's such a hassle to have to call and get another one sent ... although they ship them out within 24 hours, it seems like an eternity when you have to take shots about every 2 hours ... not fun ... especially when you are used to the freedom with the insulin pump. ... So, LeAnna is doing better in the pool ... she's learning to kick and we're working on getting the hands to do what they're supposed to do ... as for now - she enjoys kicking while holding on to my hands as we go around the pool ... "I'm swimming Mommy" she would say! Amazing to watch them grow and learn new things everyday! Just to stop and think about the responsibility we've been entrusted with to teach and train (whether we know it or not) we train everyday not only by our words and instructions, but by our example! I take my job very seriously as a mother and if you want to do it right - I have learned you have to "walk the straight and narrow" ... which is fine with me ... not only do I feel like I'm keeping her on the right track - it keeps me on the right track too! It's SO easy to tell your child one thing and then YOU do another ... you have to continually keep a check on yourself ... I watch myself even closer now days ... ever since the day I got on to LeAnna for something she was doing/saying ... something (can't remember) - she said, "but Mommy, you did it!" .... Woo-Hoo ... makes you stop and REALLY think!
Okay ... so ... LeAnna had a sleepover last night and they are having so much fun! Her friend Kaitlyn is here - and they were up bright and early - raring and ready to go! They ate breakfast, dressed up like princesses, played with Princess, watched "Gigi, God's Little Princess", then we took Princess to the beauty shop to get a "new doo" .... =) .... It's been a Princess Morning! So ... while we were out - they said, "we're hungry" ... ha! It was only 10:20! They were ready for lunch already!!!! So we went to Krystal for LeAnna and McDonalds for Kaitlyn ... I did not mind at all .... I'm having fun watching them have fun! And that's what it's all about ... I have been so busy lately with EVERYTHING ... that it's nice to sit back and just "watch life" for a moment ... it goes by WAY too quickly and I want to be able to look back one day and enjoy reminiscing about these fun moments! I see no enjoyment in looking back at how late I stayed up working many nights!!!!
So ... still haven't got the pics downloaded from Rock Island ... ha! Took a BUNCH of pics! Snap Happy - that's me!!!!
Anyhoo ... we had a great time and can't wait to go back!
I have several pictures to post ... and I'm a little disappointed because they won't post this morning ... so sorry ... I'll try again later ...
Happy Tuesday as I leave you with this thought ... tammy
"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my child to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself."
No comments:
Post a Comment