Thursday afternoon, I had an errand to run after I picked LeAnna up from school ... after the errand, I took LeAnna by Dunkin Doughnuts to pick up some "munchkins" ...
She ordered 1 box (25 count) of plain, glazed doughnut holes (munchkins) ... I handed her the box ... and she ate like 2 or 3 on the way home ... we unloaded school stuff, munchkins and ourselves ... and made our way into the house ...
our rituals in the afternoons include ... changing clothes, getting something to eat (starving by 3p since lunch is at 10:55) ... and she usually watches an episode of Little Bill while unwinding from the days activities ...
So ... while she was "doing all of that" ... I went back to my office area to do some more work ...
a little later ... I went back downstairs and began preparing for Parent Orientation that was to begin at school at 6pm ...
I happened to look in the munchkin box ... to purposely eat "a" doughnut hole ... and there were only a few left ... I was like ... okay ...wait ... did we have a friend over and I got so caught up I forgot? No, maybe she shared with Princess ... no ... so I began counting ... and FIGURED OUT ... that LeAnna had consumed 18 doughnut holes ... !!!!!!!! IN a 2 hour period ... PLUS a pizza pocket and Cheetos and we must not discount the "diet coke" that went along with all that and washed it down!!!!!!
AAHHHHH ... I about had a heart attack! I don't usually have a problem with my child consuming LARGE amounts of food at one time ... SO ... this took me a BIT by surprise!
Well actually ... they made a strawberry cake with strawberry icing and with the leftover batter they made a small heart shaped cake that LeAnna decorated, obviously with leftover fall decor and birthday candles from last year ...
LeAnna was awaiting her turn at dipping into the cake they made ... when Nana said, "LeAnna wouldn't eat anything while you were gone" ... Aaahhhh - no wonder ... and I proceeded to tell Nana what the munchkin consumed during the afternoon!
1 comment:
I'll remember to hide the Krispy Kremes when she is around:)
Post a Comment