Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Bake or Not To Bake ... is not a question ... it's a statement ... a statement of reality.

So ... schools back in session ... summer's officially over ... back in a routine ... yada, yada ... not eating out as much ... starting the routine of eating at home a lot again ...


well ... dinner was great last night! We had yummy BBQ chicken ... "marinated" baked potatoes ... garlic and herb bow tie pasta and green beans! Yum-mee ...


however ...


the last thing you do after completing a meal ... is ... what? turn off the oven - right?


Well ... wrong!


My oven would not shut off ...


naturally, I asked Nate to come turn the oven off ... he looked at me from the living room chair (and said, yes dear? - while smoking his pipe, reading his paper and enjoying the swift motion of his left leg rhythmically bouncing up and down) ... RRRIIGGGHHHTTTT ... kidding ... not true ... however ... he was sitting in the chair in the living room ... and looked at me like I was crazy ... (the other response sounded better - huh?!) Anyhoo ... after attempting several times to shut it off and asking him several times to come shut it off ... he walked into the kitchen with a "you've got to be kidding me" look ... like he would magically touch the oven and it would "poof" off!


ha! it didn't!


nope ... the breaker had to be shut off for the oven to shut off ...


SO ... turn the oven on ... it stays on ... hmmmm ...


Sounds like I need to make things that don't require extreme temperatures to make them enjoyable and actually safe to eat!


Which brings me to a recipe from Paula Deen's Best Dish's show that I caught the other day ...


"no-bake ... Chocolate dipped, cookie dough truffles" ... sounds like enough ingredients to satisfy my idea of four food groups!


ahhh yes ... we will be having this for dinner tomorrow night! UNLESS the oven gets repaired before then!


No, seriously though ... my oven has to be repaired and I definitely want to try this new recipe!!!! I'll be back in the swing of posting to Table For Three again soon! Have several new dishes I want to try!



You know ... I actually enjoy blogging ... it's sort of "therapy" for me if you will ... however ... my issues lately have not been blogable (a word?) ... so my postings have been sparse ... for that I apologize ... I do plan to post more often ... get back on track ... yada yada ...


Anyhoo ...


leaving you with this ...

If you really want to be depressed, weigh yourself in grams. ~Jason Love

I have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people. ~Ed Bluestone

tammy

1 comment:

Allison said...

Glad your back...I've missed you! That recipe sounds wonderful. Read you later:)