Wednesday, September 10, 2008

... and this little piggie ..... WON!!!

Yesterday ... LeAnna had the most exciting news!!! I found out about it in our parent/teacher conference ... Ms. Green was so excited!!!

The kids had a magazine sale at school ... and she apparently had enough orders that earned her a pig ... which was entered into a competition yesterday ... apparently all pig owners were in competition ... those winners were placed in brackets ... that played against one another until there was one single winner! Guess who won?!?!?!

LeAnna bug!

No one could believe it! She kept winning through each bracket until being declared the winner out of the whole elementary!

She not only won a $25 gift card to ToysR Us ... but she also won a Popcorn Machine for her classroom!


Needless to say ... everyone in her class was very happy that LeAnna won!

Her conference went very well too ... 100's on all her tests that she's taken so far ... and she has been recommended for the AR Club ... (accelerated readers club) ... her social skills have improved (from being shy - and playing by herself to making an effort to make new friends) ... I was very proud of her when I left the conference yesterday.









Today ... I made a change to the house ... got out my 'ol paintbrush, a small container of the perfect shade of "black" (ha) ... and painted away ...



actually ... this is from "Once Upon A Wall" ... and all I had to do was position it correctly on the wall, press very hard for a bit ... and peel away the paper ... and then PRESTO! It looks like I spent a whole lot of time "writing" on my wall!


Gotta love it! (I do ... this is a project I CAN do by myself! - ha!)

anyhoo ... I made the simple comment that I was going to attempt to change the color of the paint in our bedroom ... and Nate about lost it! oh well ... we'll see ... I might have "another" project to show you soon that I did "all by myself" ... =0)


happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

I heard the same Pig report as soon as I picked up the kids...they were so excited for her. Except I kept asking if it was a real pig! Ha!

ANyhoo...she definitely is one smart cookie and I knew she'd do VERY well in school once actual grades and tests started occuring. She'll be a school whiz!

And I love the wallie, too. Looks good!