Thursday, September 04, 2008

Make Lemonade ...

So ... yesterday LeAnna asks ...


"Mom ... where do "B"uh ... I'll stop there ... mainly because that's all I heard was the "b" sound (buh) ... and I didn't know what was getting ready to come out of her mouth ... I tensed up ... fearing the question ... "where do babies come from ..." ... remember ... she is almost 7 ... she had asked this simple, innocent question before ... but at THREE ... when, no matter what you tell them ... as long as you've just given an answer, they say ok and then go play ...


however ... at almost 7, ... it's different right?! Because ... with my child ... an "answer" to a question is followed by more questions ... so on and so on ... right?! AND she's not just happy with a simple answer ... she has to have detail as to "why, etc." ... (my fault, but a very good thing I think ... started this with her when she was just very small ... I have never just told her NO or YES, I've given detail as to why and we've never really had an issue with her ... anyhoo)


So ... imagine my relief ... when the question was ...

"Mom, where do Boogers come from?"


WHAT?! (that's what I said back to her)


ahhh ... ok ... I can handle this type of question ... not that the other is that big of a deal ... I just like to be prepared when discussing anything with her ... LeAnna puts so much trust in anything we say ... and I just want to always be prepared for whatever her questions might be in regards to life ... (even if they're the booger questions ... hahahahah - I can be prepared for those all day long!)


So ... anyhoo ... it was a bit humorous to me yesterday ...

...


"Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions think." ... Lord Byron

Been thinking a LOT lately ... just about a lot of things ... a LOT going on up there in this small silly brain head of mine ...

... and thinking about "weariness" coming into my mind ... things that cause weariness to ME ... and realizing that ... it's actually okay to "think about some things ... it's just not okay if "some of those things" are allowed to remain there for extended periods of time ... I'm realizing this is MY control center ... I am in charge of what I allow in, what I allow to stay there and what I allow to move along ...

As a person is inspired, he inspires ...

and I was reminded of that today via an email I received from a concerned friend ... thank you concerned friend, who reminded me today that I inspire her and others ... WOW ... makes you stop and think ... not that it's a burden or pressure ... but in a way, it makes me stop and realize that people watch, people see, people look for encouragement, sometimes in us and we don't even realize it!

Wow! I really haven't been at my best the last couple of months ... basically just "hanging in there" as I've been putting it ... just dealing with stuff ... life ... that contributes to my silly brain! However ... I do know that ... everything is going to be okay ... I'm telling myself that in faith ...

And "undisclosed friend" (you know who you are) ... please know ... that I totally understand right where you are ... I've been there ... and life doesn't always have the "juice made" ... sometimes we have to go to the trouble of making the lemonade ourselves out of the lemons that life hands us! Hang in there my friend ... just when you "think" you can't do it, or even go on, or "what's the use" ... if you listen close enough ... you will receive a "tangible" response that is God Himself speaking to you through someone else. I am blessed to know you and have you as a friend. You blessed me today.


Anyone else out there ... warring in your minds?! I think just about everyone on average that you would ask would say YES to some form or fashion of such! So to you as well ... hang in there ... and have a party with all the lemonade you're making!

happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where do boogers come from? You never told us. That's a good one - so much like a child. Thanks for the laugh.
Eddie