If it's going to happen ... it's going to happen to me!
AAHHHHHHH .... I am SO miserable right now ...
Last Saturday morning, I woke up with 3 places on my neck ... bites ... no, not Nathan ... an actual bug bite ... who apparently bit me and crawled, bit and crawled and then bit and who knows what happened to him then! Yes, referring to this bug as a "him" ... bite and leave! Just kidding ... anyhoo ...
So ... started applying Benedryl cream to my neck ... had to go to a funeral Saturday out of town ... so I wore a turtle neck and you couldn't see my bites ... Then Sunday ... it looked a little worse ... you could definitely tell it was "something" ... especially when people at church greeted my neck instead of my eyes or face, wondering what was wrong with me!
Anyhoo ... VERY busy week and fast forward to Wednesday ... had a long day ... and my neck ... yuck ... very red, inflamed at this point ... just looked horrible ... by Wednesday night ... my throat starting feeling tight ... I took 50mg of Benedryl and went to bed ... woke up early Thursday morning ... VERY inflamed, very swollen and so tight it hurt to swallow ... okay ... I'm thinking ... I need to get dressed and go get a shot ... I'm having a full-blown allergic reaction!
Took 50mg MORE of Benedryl before I got dressed ... I laid on the bed for just a minute (I thought) ... woke up 2 hours later ... better but still feeling bad ... called my doc ... who prescribed steroids and an antibiotic plus continue a regimen of Benedryl ...
yack ... yack ... yack ... I'm SO miserable by this point ... I'm dazed and confused from all the medicine ... apparently I got my drugs at Walgreens and made it back home ... started on my new drugs and laid down ...
I could tell a difference last night that the tightness was less ... thanks to the powerful boost of 6 steroid tablets! ... however ... I took my first antibiotic last night and went to bed ... this morning ... woke up and was SO inflamed (cheeks), burning and red! and VERY high sugar ... AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Yep ... steroids elevate my sugar in a MAJOR way! SO ... contending with that as well ...
So ... I took another antibiotic pill at 9:30 this morning ... by 11:15 I was broke out in a rash all over my neck and upper torso and my face up to my eyes looks severely sun burned ...
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! What else?!?!?!?!
So ... a quick look at the Walgreens info sheet on the pills and noted that if "what happened to me" happens ... call the doctor immediately ....
so ... I did ...
Yep ... just as suspected ... having an allergic reaction to the medicine that's supposed to be helping with the infection caused by the first allergic reaction ...
ok ... whatever ... by this point ... I'm just happy to be breathing!!!!
So ... stopping that med and another one is being called in ...
I would post a picture ... but you would be guessing what I was for halloween!
Anyhoo ... only me ... ONLY stinkin' me that this would happen to!
And my sugars on top of all that ... OUT the roof!!! SO ... taking lots of insulin, drinking lots of water ... and getting ready to go lay down again since the Benedryl is kicking in again ...
So ... whoever heard of an allergic reaction to an allergic reaction ... stupid bug! Thanks dumb stupid bug!
Yep ... miserable ...
so ... I'll post again and catch up on what's been going on this week ... later
"trying" to find "happy" in this day ... not happening so far ... tammy
2 comments:
Stupid Bug! Stupid allergic reaction! I'm so sorry...
Bless your heart! Or should I say neck - maybe all over. Sounds miserable. I'm sure it's putting a kink in your busy life, but this too shall pass. Thanks for the post - we'll be praying for you this week.
Eddie
Post a Comment