Friday, December 19, 2008

Hustlin' and Bustlin' ...


Well ... Christmas is quickly approaching ... QUICKLY ... AND as of this moment ... I'm officially caught up with clients, (Christmas orders that is) other than actually picking up final orders on Christmas Cards and reorders and getting them to the clients ... I sent in my "final order" before Christmas just a few moments ago ... and that makes me ... so ... happy!

Monday evening was a dinner party at Ruth Chris Steakhouse for Nate's work .... very good ... my first experience there ... however, I still prefer Flemings for steak ...


Tuesday evening, was LeAnna's Christmas Program at school ... very cute ... very short and then on to Tequilas for dinner with friends ...



Wednesday was LeAnna's Christmas party at school ... SO glad that's over! In the middle of my "merry everything", I was picked to be in charge of the party ... and with that came LOTS of responsibility ... since it is the biggest party of the year ... I think next year, I'm going to decline and ask for "Valentine's" or ... better yet, "End of the Year" party! Anyhoo - went well ... just LOTS to coordinate ....

"happy birthday to Jesus cupcakes"


Ms. Green gave each child a monogrammed pillowcase filled with art stuff! Very cool!


we made Christmas scrapbooks ... a few of the pics in the book ...






then we played a game where 6 groups of 3 kids decorated a kid in their group like a snowman with toilet paper and accessories! funny!
It was a fun party ... and LeAnna is happy to be out of school for almost 3 weeks!

then .... we got home and she opened all her gifts from the kids in class ... all over the stairs of course!

This morning (Thursday) ... I heard little yelps at the side door ... this little furry creature wanted inside .... ahhh - no ... don't think so ... She LOVES to play in the mud and mulch and when it's raining outside - well ... that doesn't matter to her! Yikes!

This evening (Thursday) ... was the Christmas appreciation dinner for the Sunday School staff here at the house ... we had a great time ...

Me ... however, am very tired and have pushed myself almost to the limit ... and I'm ready to chill a bit and "officially" begin my final shopping trips to finish up my gift buying.

Wishing you very safe "last minute" shopping adventures and a happy, memorable, next few days leading up to Christmas ...

Never to forget the "real" reason for all this hustle and bustle ... which in fact was not meant to be a hustle and bustle at all ...

Jesus' birth should have been the "best birth on earth" ... and that it was, but do we really take time to stop and think of it that way? I mean, I would be pretty upset if on my birthday, everyone celebrated but not really in my honor ... hmmm ... it's very easy to get caught up in the pagan part of it all ... and don't get me wrong ... I love Christmas as much as anyone ... but I also like to concentrate on the "true" reason of Christmas ... LeAnna and I will, again, make a birthday cake for Jesus and take some time out on "His day" to honor Him and celebrate His birth ...

What a shame to leave Him out on His special day ... yep ... I would be disappointed if I were forgotten on my day ... I'm sure most of you would too ...

Encouraging you to take some time to create a 'new tradition' (if you don't have one) of honoring Jesus in your own special way this Holiday Season ...

He "is" the reason for the season ... lest we forget ...


happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a busy time of year. Loved the photos of the dirty pooch - made me laugh. My dog has done that so many times. I get mad at her, but I know they just like to play. Very funny.
Hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Eddie