Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Star ...












Good Morning ...

SO .... We baked cakes, decorated cakes, had some batter, had some icing ... got them all put into boxes with each child's name written on their cake, boxes labled ... I think we're ready!


We had fun making our little cakes yesterday ... LeAnna especially enjoyed herself!



I absolutely LOVE these Mommy/daughter moments ... it's moments like these that I waited so long for, and literally craved to be able to have. I just can't imagine life now without LeAnna Rachel ...

I look back "in the day" when I was watching my friends do these kind of things with their kids and wanted so badly to be able to as well ...

Thank you God for this opportunity to experience being a Mother .... I know there are women out their that long for the same kind of "moments" that I am now experiencing ... and I feel so for them,

because I've been there ... and ... it hurts ... I know first hand how it hurts!

I also know there are Mommys out there who are not appreciative of their "opportunity" and treat their children bad. Who never wanted the child that they are now responsible for ... I always cringe inside when I hear of child abuse ... a poor innocent child who is abused is actually being "trained" to be an abuser! What a shame! What a sad world we live in.

So ... today ... I'm thanking God in this "Mother's Day Month" for this wonderful opportunity.

BUT ... with this opportunity, comes MAJOR responsibility ... not just the responsiblity of caring for them, making sure their needs are met, etc ...

But ... the responsiblity of knowing that it's up to ME to mold this child, train this child, love this child, teach them about God, plant the seed of faith at an early age, be an example - the RIGHT example ... and hopefully one day ... rest ... in knowing that I did my job well. The Bible clearly states: "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it". We are training whether we know it or not by our "actions", not just our words!

WHEW!!!! That's a lot of responsibility when you think about it! Just to know that what I say or do or act or be or show or whatever ... will effect her and will help mold her into whatever she becomes one day!

SO ... I have to think "everyday" about my responsibility ... Am I making the right choices today ... for her? What I do today, what I say today can effect her for the rest of her life!

WOW! I'm going to have to like think of a really good joke right now or something ... ha! This is getting deep!

Anyhoo ... enough of the "way out there thinking" ... just had to drift for a minute and you got to drift there with me! =)

Okay ... so back to shore ...

LeAnna is still asleep ... when she wakes up - I'm sure NO PROBLEM THERE ... for today is her final day for "Star of the Week" and we are taking the cakes we made to school ... yes, going to get some pictures while I'm there this morning ... I'll post those tomorrow!

Other exciting news ... they are installing a pool in our subdivision and wouldn't you know ... it would be right beside our house! Like, literally right off the deck! ha! Not that close, but a little closer than I had anticipated ... (by the way, this picture was taken from our deck) ... I just happened to think ... all summer ... we will be hearing the "party goers" at possibly times we don't want to hear the "party goers"! ha! Just hope the pool is a "good selling point" and not a bad one once we decide to "move on"!

Also ... a funny last evening after leaving church ... LeAnna starts whining that she "wants a baby sister"! She says this several times and I'm "trying" to ignore her ... and she keeps on ... so finally I say ... "tell your Daddy"! ha! And she says, "Oh Mommy please ... I want to be the one who throws the flowers down the isle"! And I'm like "what are you talking about?" She says it again and then adds, "you and Daddy HAVE to get Married again so I can have a baby sister!" ... ha ... she apparently thinks that once you "get married" you have a baby! Okay ... so ... "for now" ... that's a GREAT explanation for where "baby's come from"! We'll cross that bridge later when we come to it "again"! =)

Happy Thursday as I leave you with a "Tamoddity" (odd ways of Tammy) ...

"I absolutely LOVE Fall/Autumn! It is my favorite time of the year! Well ... each year as it approaches, my favorite thing to do is "crunch leaves"! To the point of feeling like "I have to" crunch any leaves that my feet come across! I even do this without thinking about it ... I just automatically step on them when I see them - all of them - no leaf can be left "uncrunched"! ha! So ... one particular day this last Fall, I remember leaving someone's house, and as I'm leaving, I'm walking away, still talking - saying my good-byes ... all the while "jumping" from leaf to leaf to crunch them because they were so far apart ... I never explained myself, just kept on going to my car ... I know this person thought "how strange I must be" that I would jump down their sidewalk to my car! ha! ha! ha! OH well ... just a "Tamoddity" I guess!

... tammy



No comments: