Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's All About Attitude ...

so ...

this morning Nate and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast after LeAnna went to school ... he had a later than normal stop that allowed him to do so ...

nice ...

rare ...

... liked having breakfast with my "mate" ... but didn't like getting fully dressed to do so!


anyhoo ...

when coming out the door to leave ... a little old lady was approaching me with a walker ... so naturally I stood and held the door open for her ...

these were her responses to me:

"Oh my ... thank you"

"Oh, look at how pretty they've decorated the doors"

then I went and grabbed the next set of doors for her as well ... and her response was:

"Oh thank you ... I'm telling you, this world is just so kind and considerate"

... my response to her was, "well, you deserve it this morning"

anyone with that positive of an attitude deserved some recognition ...

I have to be honest ... my first thought when she made her comments was, "what mother ship did she just get off of - to think that this world is so kind and considerate" and to be so up, positive and cheery!

ha!

then I thought ... ahhh ... well ... that's how we all should be!

I do try and be positive and cheery ... and have even been accused of being a "fake" happy person ... which I'm not ... I just like making people happy ... when I worked outside the home, I would be the one that was bouncing off the walls early in the morning when people would walk in (who hadn't had their coffee yet) and I had only had diet coke! .... I personally could not help that their "happy moment last night hangover" was preventing them from enjoying the horizon of a new day ...oh well ...

BUT ... oh my ... stay away if I haven't had my diet coke in the morning! ha!

anyhoo ...

We had ladies meeting at church last night ... and someone commented about "attitudes" and how we're all striving to keep a good one sometimes ...and shared a cute little story ... can't remember it word for word, but this is the jest of what I got out of it ...

“A lady woke up one day, looked in the mirror and saw that she had three hairs on her head … she exclaimed, “Oh Good … I can braid my hair! … The next morning she woke up and had only two hairs on her head … again, she exclaimed, “Oh Good … I can part my hair in the middle! …. The next day she woke up and only had one hair on her head, she exclaimed, “Oh Wow! … I can put my hair in a pony tail! … The next morning she woke up, looked in the mirror and she had NO hairs on her head, was completely bald … she exclaimed, “OH Hallelujah, I don’t have to fix my hair today!”

I got SO much out of this little illustration … comical, yes … but no matter what the situation, the outcome is totally up to us … and inevitably … it’s all about our attitude!

I'm up to my eyeballs in preparing for LeAnna's birthday "Spa" party on Friday ... I think it's going to be great ... can't wait ...

Happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Oh I love the hair story!!!
Attitude is everything, that's for sure!