"LeAnna's Spa" was the theme ...
... and it happened on Friday evening ...
The guests started arriving at 6:00pm ...
We had pizza, chips, grapes, chicken salad and drinks at about 6:45 ...
Then about 7:15 ... the "spa treatment" began!
The lights were lowered, the candles were lit, the music was turned on and the atmosphere became tranquil ...
one little guest said ... "I feel like I'm at a real spa! and it even smells like a real spa!" ... (yep - that's what I wanted to hear ... tried very hard to make it as real as possible)
Below is a picture of a tablecloth that I started for LeAnna when she turned one ... every year we put her hand prints on it with her age and I use it as her "gift table cloth" each year. I'm so glad I did this ... hopefully one day, it will be a full cloth for her to have as a keepsake ... =)
These were her balloons ... she was so excited with them ...
the giant 6 said "LeAnna's Spa" down the side.
The gift table in the foyer ... This is another tradition I started when she was one ... it is a 21 year candle ...
every year we light it and burn down to the next year.
Let the spa treatment begin ...

The girls made their own homemade lip gloss ...
... and lotion ...here ... the girls are "soaking" for their manicures ...

after the manicures ... the girls each received their own personal fan to dry their nails with
and the pedicure soak ...
and the facials ...


this is my favorite ...LeAnna (1st from the left) is not excited about this "green stuff" on her face, wanting it to be over quick!
Michaela (2nd from the left) looks "zoned"
Miquela (3rd) looks as if "this is the life!"
and Kaitlyn (4th) ... well ... she decided to eat her cucumbers ... right off her face!

... Aahhhhh ...
... had to have this shot ...
too much fun!

"in hopes that the wishes come true!"
... funny story about the cake ... notice the front messed up and partially gone? and the side scraped up? Well ... Friday afternoon ... while cleaning up the kitchen ... I had the vacuum out and was doing last minute cleaning ... and started smelling smoke ... I thought ... OH my goodness, the bag needs changing! So I take it apart, change the bag ... still smell smoke! Happen to look up on the stove (where the cake was sitting) and the box is about to catch on fire!!!!! Somehow the eye of the stove got turned on and the box was burning! I grabbed it and removed the cake ... put the cake in the refrigerator because the icing had started sliding off the end of the cake and threw the box away ... about 5:00pm ... took the cake out of the fridge and it smelled burnt! horrible! Nate decided it would be "wise" to taste it! Thus ... the missing piece in the front ... you could taste a little burn, but it wasn't too bad ...we actually cut and ate the pink part and when no one was looking - Nate threw the rest away!
She had so much fun opening her gifts ...

LeAnna and Mackenna
Alexis and LeAnna

after the "spa treatment" ... the girls retired upstairs with their sleeping bags, pillows and popcorn to watch a movie before bed ...
... after "not much sleep" they were up and at it again ... this was taken at breakfastfour girls left on Friday night and four remained
Each girl received their own robe with their name monogrammed on it ... a pair of house shoes, and a whole bag of "spa goodies".
LeAnna loved her spa party and said it was the best day ever!
I, for one, am in desperate need of a "spa treatment" myself! ha! We had a great time but I'm relieved this is over with!
Woo-hoo ... now ... I wonder what we'll do next year?! .... hopefully I'll be fully recovered by then! ha!
I couldn't have made it without my Mom, Aunt Judy and Renee who assisted ... we soon found out that we could have used a lot more hands! We were SO tired but it was worth it to me to see LeAnna's face and how happy she was at her party.
Her actual birthday is this week on Thursday ... which, we're having a family party! AND ... having a party at school on her day too!
It's Party Week!!!!
Thank God for Fall Break next week ... we will need it! =)
Happy Day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment