Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some Happy's ...

Good Morning ...

Well ... LeAnna is back to school today ... FINALLY!

She wasn't that eager to go back, but once she was out the door, she was fine!

Today is Report Card Day ... anxious to look at her "first one".


I have not been feeling very well ... and definitely not feeling very positive ...

I have this list that I have been compiling for a while ... and every so often I add to it ... and reread it just to keep myself positive and think on good things that make me happy.

Thought I would share my list ... it is by NO MEANS everything that "I Love" ... just an ongoing list I started a long time ago ...

It helped me today to read it ...

Maybe you could start your "own" list of things that make you happy ... it really helps just to "think" sometimes and get your mind off the negative.

My list is in no particular order ...


I Love …

Warm, fresh, clean towels

Picking up where I left off, of a very good book

Clear skies at night, where the stars are bright and seem to be everywhere

A full moon, bright white or a nice hue of yellow/orange

White t-shirts on my husband

My husband in a suit, with top button of shirt unbuttoned and no tie

A good smelling man’s cologne (I associate by “smell” and I’m ALL about my smeller!)

Nice, well-kept, polished shoes on a man – to me, this tells a lot about a person

A sun-kissed tan

Krispy Kreme doughnut holes

Fudge pie

My baby, LeAnna, giving me compliments in her “own verbal way”

Being with LeAnna

LeAnna giving me kisses

Hearing LeAnna laugh

Watching LeAnna’s face when something or someone surprises her

Touching a puppy

Giving someone a gift - that I spent a lot of time finding “just the right one”

Looking for and buying Hallmark cards (could spend all day in a hallmark shop)

Singing

Hearing a good song on the radio

Hearing a song that “takes me back” to a special moment in time

Finding a “bargain Bessie deal” on an outfit!

Vacation

Going to church

My husband holding my hand

A “wink”

Smelling chocolate chip cookies baking

My furniture after dusting

My windows and mirrors after cleaning them

A clean house

Finding a new recipe that I actually use and like

Preparing a dish of a recipe that I have been dying to try and actually getting the “taste approval” of my family

Completing a project

Green

Black and White

Doing ceramics and pottery at the Firestation

Taking pictures

Doodling on paper

Journaling (blogging)

Diamond shapes (anything harlequin) especially in black and white

My bathroom light (when turned on, it comes on gradually - it's GREAT in the A.M.)

Diet Coke

Starbucks Iced Black Tea with a few shots of syrup

Finding that FINAL gift to complete my Christmas List shopping!

Finding out a secret that is POSITIVE and feeling giddy about having to keep it a secret!

Compliments from my husband

That peaceful feeling that only God can give

The feeling I get from a sincere testimony given at church from a prayer answered

A monogrammed gift (given or received)

Helping someone who has asked for help

Princess (my love dog - lovingly referred to - since this was an anniversary gift from the Nate)

The feeling I get when I feel “needed”

The feeling I get when I feel “wanted”

Weighing in the morning and realizing I actually lost 2 lbs from the previous day!

Finding a new artist whose music makes me happy

Window shopping

Gift Cards/money to make purchases from all the window shopping

A new outfit and receiving a compliment after wearing it the first time (since I take forever buying things and then hanging them in my closet forever until I muster up the courage to wear it)

Being able to say … “No, this is not new, I’ve had this “forever” or it’s been hanging in the closet “forever”! (most said to husband)

A good chick flick

Watching home movies

Looking at old pictures

Starting a new series of books and collecting them all very quickly so it takes me months to read them … I like knowing the “next one” is waiting on the shelf!

Learning something “new” about my family that I did not know (only the good stuff, not the bad stuff!)

Wrapping a present

A happy client

Fall, Autumn

Fall colors

Trees in Fall

Crunching leaves

Sweater weather

80’s Music

Catching up with old friends

Running into someone from childhood – seeing how they’ve changed

Chicken Foot

Email

Roast and potatoes

McDonalds French fries

Nashville History

Black/white photography

Shooting architectural pictures

Orbit gum

Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups

Finding a UPS package on the front porch

Fresh flowers
just a few of my happy's ...
happy days ... tammy

No comments: