Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mark, Luke, and Who?

So today ... at church ... I helped out with puppets during children's church due to the absence of one of our staff ...



I was excited! I like doing stuff like this and so I was willing to help ...



So I was given instruction on what signs to hold up, etc. about 30 seconds before the puppets started ...



hmmm ... I can do this ... it's simple right?!



So ...



the music starts ... and I was so eager to do my small part of holding up a sign ... that I made a few mistakes here and there ...


I figured no one would notice ... it's ages 5-12 and 2, 3 and 4 year olds came in for the puppet songs too ... so ...


I'm good ... all is well ... no one caught my simple slip of the hand at the wrong time (several times)...


So ... on the way home from lunch today ...


LeAnna says ... "Mom, did you help with the puppets today?"


"Yes mam I did" (said with slight pride - thinking of my cool experience of being "behind the scenes" of the whole puppet experience today)


She said ... "were you holding the green sign on that last song?"


"Yes mam, that was me" (smiling large that she would notice and "pick me out of the crowd")


Then she said ... "I knew it ... I knew that was you .."


"how did you know?" (still smiling with pride)


she said ... "because you kept messing up the whole time, lifting the signs at the wrong time and stuff"


WHAT??!?!?!?!!? (bubble has now busted and deflation is in process)


Gee thanks sweet child of mine!




Oh well ... at least I know she's paying attention at church!


Yikes ...




Ate at a new place for lunch today ... Jason's Deli ... very tasty I might add ...


I had chicken pot pie soup (yummy) and a 1/2 roasted turkey sandwich with iced tea ...


did I mention yummy?!




Brand new ... just opened this week on West End Avenue ... they also have this giant salad bar ... I can't wait to go back and try some more things!!!



Today was a nice day ... I felt pretty good today ... felt horrible yesterday ... so was thankful for a "feel good" day ... I have not felt well the last couple of weeks ... I've been having some serious heart palpitations ... constant at times ... went to the doc several times last week ...

finally ... he took me off my Thyroid meds ... palpitations started getting better ... didn't have any Friday or today ...

thankful!

Hopefully this was the culprit ... blood tests will reveal this week ...


Today is Princess' birthday ... she turned two today! Spoiled Rotten I might add ... that's if Nate is talking about her ... if you hear me talk about her ... she's just really loved!



We had a family meeting this weekend and have made some changes around here ...
one is ... Monday night has been designated as "family night/game night" ... we will eat "fun/simple" foods for dinner and play games together or do "something" as a family.

We've also decided to quit eating out except for 2 times a week (that includes weekends) ... usually it's out on Friday's, Saturday's and twice on Sunday and then a day or so during the week ... So two times now .... it will probably be a Friday or Saturday night and then Sunday for lunch ...

So my meal plan idea ... is this

To help me with my indecisiveness ... I created a form/check sheet that will list every day of the week with 3 options for the evening meal each day ... Nate will check off what he would like for dinner in the mornings before he leaves for work and then I don't have to talk to him about it throughout the day "trying to decide" what to fix! ... because ... he wants me to "just pick something" ... and I want to "please" ... so this will cut all of that out! I get to come up with the 3 choices and then he will make the final decision! We both get our way this way!


So ... tomorrow is "Mark, Luke and Who day?" ... ha! This is what LeAnna asked me the other day about Martin Luther King day ... she said ... "I'm out of school for Mark, Luke and Who?

funny ...

happy days ... tammy

1 comment:

Dessa said...

Tammy--
The 20th is my birthday, too...I turned 23 on Sunday...Tell Princess I said Happy Belated Birthday! =)
Dessa