Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whiny Temps and Scary Shadows ...

Today was a very busy day ...

I worked all morning and then had to be at school by 12:30 to finish up a project for the teacher.

When I went into the office to sign in ... I did not know my child was in the nurse's office "sick" ...

I walked into the classroom and started looking around for LeAnna ... I asked a few of the kids - no one knew ... then the office called ... to say that they were sending LeAnna back to class for me to get her ...

yikes ... I had two hours of work to do ... so ... the class had other classes to go to ... so she ended up staying with me in the classroom until I was finished.

Low-grade temp ... tummy hurts ... not feeling good - were the complaints ...

I hurried with the project and then took her home.

The teacher said they had sent so many kids home this week! Yikes! She said she overheard teachers in the hall asking one another "how many have you sent home?" ... yikes!

Anyhoo ... still a low-grade temp ... enough to be whiny ...


Today was Mom's last day of work ... well ... at least until sometime in May ... and then not sure how "often" she'll be working ...

So today was very sad for all involved ... she's been with the family she's a Nana to for 21 years ... lots of tears ... I wasn't even there when she left, but I teared up just thinking about it ... we are very close to the family.

Her surgery is two weeks from tomorrow ... and she has to stop all meds tomorrow ... and the ONLY way she has been functioning is with her meds ... SO ... the next two weeks will be rough ... but at least she'll be able to stay at home and rest.


So this evening ... I had a AAAHHH moment .... I happened to look down at my arm and noticed black lines everywhere ... OH NO ... NOT ANOTHER HEMORRHAGE!!!! I was starting to get upset ...

then ...

noticed ...

ha! for once ... thank goodness ... it was just a shadow of my hair dancing on my arm ...

oh my ... so thankful ...

I think I'm so tired I just need to go to bed now ... =0)


happy days ... tammy

No comments: