It happened … I went to the gym!I’m glad I finally made the effort to go …
I’ve been putting it off and well, no time like the present huh?!
Anyhoo …
I arrived (without my membership card) it’s packed with the office stuff that had to be put away in the attic until the carpet was laid …
So … standing there, waiting to hear “next” (busy at the moment) … and the lady (on the phone) says … “you need to move your car, they are spray painting the building and we wouldn’t want your vehicle to get spray painted” …
Ahh … a good excuse to get in the car to move it and keep on driving! (No, not me?!)
Anyhoo, moved it and went back in … I was there about 45 minutes today … pretty good for a “first day” …
Ha!
A few realizations …
* * * * * I need a lock for a locker
* * * * * I now know how a mouse feels on that dumb wheel! (worked out on the treadmill today) I’ve always walked for “free” … now we’re paying for me to walk?! (go figure – anyhoo) I’m not used to a treadmill, so I’m walking (2.6 mph) … which I found out that if you’re not going at least 2.6 you’re not “doing anything for yourself” … so definitely wanted to “do something for myself” … so started out 2.6 worked my way up to 2.8 (woo hoo – I’m cooking with grease now!) I started looking around – there were others “walking” … so after “observing” … I started moving my arms instead of holding on for dear life … I got tired very quickly of this boring motion … so I started flapping my arms up and down (do you know how dumb this looks?! I looked like a bird trying to take off … I realized this ever so quickly and went back to boring motion … ho hum …oh well … then I started noticing the buttons on the machine … hmmm … started pushing buttons … not good … the whole machine started going upwards! AHHH … definitely NOT the right button for me … found out quickly how to lower it back to FLAT land … next button … “calories”? hmmm … interesting … left it there for a bit … WOW … I’ve now burned 18 calories!!! I am pumped … I immediately start thinking of foods that I could eat that would equal that amount! WHAT?!?!! I’m so dumb … (first day) … anyhoo … THEN …. Big mistake … I noticed from turning around and looking that there were mirrors behind all of us … dumb me decided to “glance” to see what my fat booty looked like (dumb instinct) … I lost my balance but caught myself … (note to self – look straight ahead and don’t flap arms while walking “the wheel”)
I walked 15 minutes and burned 52 calories! Woo Hoo for me! Ha! I stopped and got off … intentions were to do 15 on the “wheel” and 15 on the bike … I went back to the locker room to test my sugar … it was dropping pretty fast (this first week is a trial/error/adjust insulin levels week) … I tested right before walking and right after … it dropped 70 points in that 15 minute period and that’s not even allowing time for me to get back to a resting state … hmmm … got to make some adjustments …
Anyhoo … it was a nice “get started” first day …
I had a meeting at 1pm, so I rushed out the door to try and make it.
So … trainer told me today that she felt like a good H20 workout class would be good for me … I obliged … I like the water … and after she told me that one of the instructors “used” to be a “student” … lost 100 lbs JUST doing a water aerobics class … and another lady lost 80 lbs … WOW!!!! I can do this … (I don't need to lose anywhere near that much ... but pumped that someone could lose that much with this technique)
* * * * * Eat before going to the gym
* * * * * Go back tomorrow!
I did feel much better about myself after today’s visit! I especially like it because it is all ladies … and they are all just as fat as I am! Ha! Well, not all of them … work in progress … right?!
So … picked up LeAnna from school … she says … “Mom, you went to the gym?” (had my exercise clothes on) … “wow, (she patted my stomach), I can tell!” “I can’t wait for Daddy to get home, he’s going to be able to tell you’ve lost so much weight” (I love this child) … “maybe you should go to Weight Watchers too!” (she’s her Daddy’s child) …. But very thankful for the little encouragements along the way …
Walking the Wheel … tammy
* * * * * Go back tomorrow!
I did feel much better about myself after today’s visit! I especially like it because it is all ladies … and they are all just as fat as I am! Ha! Well, not all of them … work in progress … right?!
So … picked up LeAnna from school … she says … “Mom, you went to the gym?” (had my exercise clothes on) … “wow, (she patted my stomach), I can tell!” “I can’t wait for Daddy to get home, he’s going to be able to tell you’ve lost so much weight” (I love this child) … “maybe you should go to Weight Watchers too!” (she’s her Daddy’s child) …. But very thankful for the little encouragements along the way …
Walking the Wheel … tammy
1 comment:
You are so funny.
Post a Comment