Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Savannah Kind Of Day ...

Day 6 ...

Today we got up EARLY and went to Savannah ...


We got in line at Paula Deen's restaurant and waited about 45 minutes to get reservations ... I was so happy that we got them for 11am ... some of the bigger parties had to wait until 2:30 to eat ...


After getting on the list ... we started shopping ... LOVE shopping at the little shops in Savannah ... especially the Kitchen Store On The Square ... neat place ... and for a bit you could get lost in kitchen oblivion ... found "neat" small items ... that you can't just find anywhere ... I love that!


We had to be back in front of the restaurant at 10:45 to wait for our name to be called ... they called us a little after 11am ... wasn't bad at all ...


The food was very good ... we all had the buffet ... and the hoe cakes ... oh my goodness ... with maple syrup ... did I say "oh my" already?! AAHHHH ... better than pancakes! Yikes! AND the garlic cheese biscuits ... AAHHHH ... Nate even put syrup on that! ha! So ... yes ... he's going to kill me ... but here's a few pics I'd like to share! hahahahahahah ...







and ... gelato at the Riverfront in downtown Savannah ... hmmmm ... I can't wait to see how Sunday goes ... weighing in for the Biggest Loser finale ... for those of you who don't know ... our church has been doing Biggest Loser for like 13 weeks ... there will be a mens winner and a ladies winner ... like $500 or $600 each ... very cool concept ... especially for the winner!





We did the "Old Savannah Tour" for the rest of the afternoon ... it was very hot but partly cloudy so it wasn't as bad as last year ... last year ... a little over 100 degrees ... horrible!!! Anyhoo ... the history tour is always very interesting to me ...



One thing "interesting" to me today ... this morning ... standing in line for reservations ... I walked past a building ... called ... "Sorry Charlie's" ... VERY old building ... you gotta remember ... Savannah is one of the oldest cities in the U.S. ... 1700's ... anyhoo ... I found it interesting that ... a sign on the door deemed the building a hazard and was unsafe ... and then ... on the window ... was this ... a petition to renovate ... AND the hearing for that was ... today at 2pm ...








I know ... I'm weird ... it's the craziest things that I find amusing ... oh well ... now I'm wondering "how it went" ... ha! This particular building was on the same row as Paula Deen's Restaurant ... just neat stuff ... to me ...

oh well ...

AND ... we went into Paula Deen's store after lunch ... and Bobby and Jamie Deen were there ... very exciting to say the least ... I got in line to get my pic made ... VERY funny experience ... that can only be explained to a choice few ... ha! oh well ...


It was a nice day ... VERY tired ... indeed ...

On our way back ... we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner ... it was very good dining ... we left FULL!!!

So ... when we got back ... Tammy laid down for a cat nap ... Nate and LeAnna went to the beach ... Nana ... not sure what she did ... I was napping ... =0)

I got up and took a bike ride after my nap ... I'm really enjoying my bike this week ... just wish we had "Hilton Head bike trails" in Nashville! hahahaha!

oh well... it's been a long day ...

tomorrow ... not sure ... depends on the weather ... we have 2 full days left to enjoy ... and we have to squeeze in pool time, beach time, golf, and a dolphin cruise before we leave ... so I guess we'll just see what the "weather" allows for tomorrow!

happy day ... tammy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling about the Biggest Loser contest on your blog. That makes more sense now. But those pictures you posted of Nathan eating at Paula's makes you wonder if he'll be able to burn it all off with exercise this week. Maybe so - I'm sure he's hoping so. But you're on vacation - you're supposed to do what you want, right? Sounds like your Savannah day trip was fun. Keep resting up and enjoying yourselves.
Eddie

Renee Camacho said...

okay - can't wait to hear about the dean brother's experience! I'm jealous. You're hugging them BOTH! lol!

AND...oh my goodness. HOW MANY STINKIN' calories did Nate consume? OH MY! He's going to need to fast until Sunday!

I'm so jealous...wish I was there!