Day 5 ...
Today was a perfect day for "sunning" ... we were in the pool all morning ... got out and ran to a couple of stores, then back in the pool this afternoon ...
We had a wonderful dinner here at the house (thanks Nana!) ... and no, that's not the reason we brought her with us! ha! However ... cooking is her favorite thing to do and you should be able to do your "favorite things" while on vacation ... right?!
Anyhoo ...
This evening we went over to the beach ... to watch the sunset ... we sat awhile and watched LeAnna play ... then decided to walk down to the water one last time before leaving ... there was this guy standing beside us with a fishing pole ... but about 6 feet out ... about knee deep ... I was sort of laughing at him ... thinking ... what in the world is he doing "fishing", at sunset, with the tide rolling in ... hmmm
THEN ... all of sudden, he starts running out of the water and we see what's on the end of the pole ... a SHARK!!!! A baby one ... but still ... a shark! AAHHHHHH!!!!!
So I stated waving my arms to get Nate's attention ... and I start pointing at the guy with the pole ... he sees the commotion and jumps on his bike and luckily grabs my backpack for me ... we gathered around him while the shark was twirling on the line and jumping around ... I took some pics ... they aren't the best because the shark was in motion ... however ... I was so excited ... so ... dumb me ... I had to "touch it" ... ha! the guy saw me approaching it slowly with my finger ... and he pushes it to me ... AAHHHH .... crazy ... anyhoo ... was a very exciting evening ... he had caught it with squid on his hook ...
okay ... so I'm thinking ... tide rolling in ... knee deep ... SHARKS! Baby ones ... yes ... but they grow into BIG ones!!! AAHHHH ... and they still can bite right?! Anyhoo ... Okay ... so that did it for me ... not going out in the ocean anymore, while the tide is rolling in ... at sunset ... past my feet getting wet ... well ... maybe my ankles ... but ... wow! a Shark!
So ... that was the highlight of our evening ... other than having to coat myself in aloe vera because of sunburn!!!! Ugh!
Tomorrow - we're going to Savannah! Eating at Paula Deen's Restaurant ... I think we've already blown our diets just thinking about it! oh well ... we can get back on track Thursday - right?! It is vacation ... Nate just knows he's got to weigh in Sunday for Biggest Loser Finale ... ha! oh well ...
Happy Day ... tammy




3 comments:
Hilarious - good pictures, I think. What's all this about Nathan and the Biggest Loser? I keep hearing you mention it, but haven't seen any details about it. You guys doing that at church? Sounds like he's getting plenty of exercise this week with running and biking. Sounds like you guys are having a blast.
Eddie
hmmm.. Okay.. Yes, please stay out of the water...!
That's CRAZY...definitely wild that he caught that. I'd hesitate to swim @ dusk again, huh? Kaitlyn thought the shark was great, though...silly girl!
Post a Comment