Wednesday, May 06, 2009

almost a statistic ...

... and I thought last week was busy!!!!

wow!

I failed to mention that last Friday, LeAnna had a sleepover with her teacher Ms. Green! She and 3 other girls and 1 boy in her class got to do this because they had read over 100 books since January, and had completed a comprehensive testing on each and passed. There were 3 other classes involved (1st and 2nd grade) - a total of 15 students that attained this reward! We dropped her off at the schools church at 6pm and picked her up on Saturday morning at 9am. I was a little bit worried that she might "call" to come pick her up - but she did great and loved it! The plan was to purchase a disposable camera for her to take pictures of her "night" and I forgot! AAHHHH!!!!! oh well ...

Very neat ... she had been so looking forward to this since the quest began in January!

She is such a good reader and truly enjoys it ... our last note home was she was reading well into a 3rd grade level. Very proud of her!



It was a crazy busy weekend with David's birthday on Saturday (which we celebrated on Sunday) - Happy Day Dave! And Judy's birthday on Sunday (which we celebrated on Monday) - Happy Day Aunt Judy!



and dinner for our family on Tuesday evening, here at the house ... dumb me, had my camera out 'on purpose' and didn't take one stinkin' picture! SO mad at myself ... I've been doing this lately ... NOT taking pictures and then regretting it! I've GOT to add "take more pics" to my 2009 Goals ! and then make myself do it!


today - I "volunteered" to "serve" at school ... this week is Teacher Appreciation Week and we served dinner today to all teachers (kindergarten through 12th) plus other staff ... yep, on my feet in one spot for 2 hours ... didn't wear the right shoes ... yack! oh well ... at least it felt good to put my "word" into action! ha!


I've got an overload of clients right now that I'm working on and I'm behind ... which is not good ... and more work hours right now for my other job ... AAHHHHH !!!!! BUSYYYYY!
AND ... just thankful that Kaitlyn saved me from being a statistic this evening at church ... I had just come out of the bathroom, was chatting with someone at the water fountain and didn't have a clue that the back of my skirt had gotten caught and not pulled down all the way ... AAHHHH ... can you imagine me walking in front of the whole church to go praise sing?! Thanks Kaitlyn for saving me the embarrassment of becoming a statistic that I used to myself, make fun of as a teenager! ... you know the old lady at church with her dress tail caught in her underwear! yep ... happened several times at church and to the same poor little lady ... oh my ...


... I'm tired!

So .... that being said ...


happy day ... tammy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the statistic story. I can only imagine what "could have been". Makes me laugh out loud. On a more serious note, I know you guys are proud of LeAnna for doing so well with reading. I love knowing my kids love to read as much as I do. That's a trait they can carry for life.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

And why didn't you "volunteer" today at the zoo? Where were you?! Yes we were there and waited in the "parking lot" beside LeAnna. I told her to tell you Leanne said Hi.
I must admit, I know this is bad, but when I was lying in bed dodging lightning at 5:30 this morning, I thought I had an answered prayer! Can you tell I'm a tired teacher?! But we made it and it was fun. But us teachers stay together and the kids walk around with the parents :) But she was so cute. she said "you're Leanne" like she's known me forever. Very sociable, of course very you!!
Leanne