Thursday, May 21, 2009

Never Write Important Notes With Disappearing Ink ...


So ... you know ... it's been a week! I usually don't go that long without posting ... however ... let's just say ... it's been busy beyond ...



so busy that ...



last night I dreamed ...


that I was making a list of the things I needed to remember (and I really have to do this, or I don't remember) ... and ... I remember the list being very important things that I could not forget ... I went away and came back later ... and the paper was there, but the important things I had written were gone ... only to discover ... that I had written all my important things down in disappearing ink! then I woke up!



yep ... so ... so much on my mind that I'm dreaming about forgetting to do something!



YIKES!!!



Anyhoo ... lots has transpired since my last post (a week ago) ...



on Friday, Jennifer gave me a surprise birthday party at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Tequilas with some of the girls from church! Wow!!! I couldn't believe it! I thought I was just meeting her for lunch! It was so nice ... and LOVED the cake! It was white with black polka dots and strawberry cake!!! Yum! I have no pictures to post (yet - hint, hint) ...



Friday evening, LeAnna had a birthday party to attend ... Saturday was filled with a sleepover, eating lunch out, shopping, and getting things together for a meeting at church ... Sunday was filled with church twice and work in between ...




Monday, I celebrated my last birthday in public! Next year - I'm requesting a spa weekend with friends somewhere! ha! It's hard leaving the 30's ... oh well ... better than the alternative ... we celebrated at the Cheesecake Factory Monday evening ...







Tuesday we were at the park ALL day long with the school, and then a school play for my nephew Dawson Tuesday evening ...





Wednesday was the last day of school ... wow! Hard to believe the first grade is now complete! I went to pick her up at 11am ... and she hugged Ms. Green several times while I was standing there talking ... then as we were about to leave, she dropped her backpack again and ran over to Ms. Green for one last hug ... we said our goodbyes and started down the hall ... LeAnna started crying, very politely I might add ... which made me tear up as well ... YIKES!!! She REALLY loves school ... and she had Ms. Green for 2 years in a row because Ms. Green moved up last year to first grade ... it's been a great "experience" so far at NCS ... we are grateful for the opportunity to attend there ...




I'm sad ... because I took my camera in and took pics of her with Ms. Green ... got back in the van and realized I didn't have a stupid flash card in the camera!!! AAHHHHH - yep - crazy!





oh well ...





Now ... it's time for SUMMER VACATION!!!!





Last year - we did 81 Moments ... this year ... there are 84 summer days until school starts back ... SO ... we're doing "84 Moments" this year, in the form of a blog ... I'll include the link at the end of the post ...





Last year we also did "LeAnna's Adventure Box" as a means of "summer fun" ... this year, I've come up with something along the same line, but a little more detailed ...





I have 6 boxes ... each labeled differently ...






Here's the first box ...
The "Summer Days" box ...





from this she will "weekly" draw a day of the week (Monday - Friday) ... then ... according to the day she draws, she will go to that day's box and draw what she will be doing that week, on that day ... each day has a different theme and are as follows:










Hopefully this will keep things "exciting" around here this summer! It sounds a little complicated and very busy, but ... it's just one day of the week and she will have several days ahead of time to think about it and get pumped up for it! Each time she draws and what we do will be noted on the 84 Moments blog ...






We also found out that she will have "summer requirements" as well! She has to read and complete 5 book reports, create 5 journals on things she does this summer, and learn and memorize all math facts, addition and subtraction up to 18 ... there will be a test she has to take the first week of 2nd grade - a 2 minute timed test, consisting of 25 questions that will account for 33% of her Math grade for the first 9 weeks!



YIKES!!!! I don't remember ever having work like this on my summer vacations!!!!





oh well ... thank goodness she LOVES school! Will make it a lot easier on her!




So, with all of this, plus everything else we will be doing this summer - we should have a pretty fun filled active summer vacation!




If you would like to follow our daily summer blog - you can link to it here




here's to a great kick-off to summer!



happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

carandavis said...

what beautiful boxes and what a creative idea! you are the bomb mom!