Monday, June 08, 2009

Appetizer Busy ...


WHY do I always cry when I watch "A Baby Story" ...

I watched an episode while eating my lunch today and this particular one, just really got me today ... it totally took me to that very moment in time, while I was laying there like a beached whale with my belly almost touching the ceiling (not really - just felt like it) ... I remember Nate saying that he looked in the window at me, waiting to come in, and couldn't believe how big my belly looked laying there on the table! ha! oh well ... back to my moment ... I totally remember those moments ... waiting ... anticipating the very moment that I could see that little face that I longed for and had waited so long for ... just the idea of having a baby of my very own overtakes me sometimes ... it's one of those "life goals" that was on my mental check list and I didn't know if I would ever be able to put the "check in the box" ...

box is checked! And I have, and am enjoying every minute of it! Love my role as a Mommy ... I know some people think I'm crazy for all I do and try to do sometimes ... but ... when you wait, wonder and hope and a million times have said to yourself, "if I ever have my own child I'll ... " ... yeah, those type of thoughts invade my mind and I remember all too well those times in my life ... which in turn leads me to do what I do ...

Having fun though! It makes me SO Happy to see a smile on LeAnna's face ... and I probably have just as much fun as she does when we do all these little silly things we do!


anyhoo ... nothing like daytime media to invoke all these hormonal thoughts huh?!



We had errands to take care of for Nana today in her "absence" ... She's on a cruise in Alaska this week! Those errands included Cocoa ... he had a doc appointment today ... he got a good report and now happily weighs 6lbs ... they said he should get to about 10lbs ... he's been a really good boy so far!



Yesterday we had Sunday School Open House!!! It was a great success and all of the rooms look GREAT!!! I'll post some pics later ... I didn't get an opportunity to photo all the rooms ... it was a very busy weekend getting ready for this - but was worth it ... and the Sunday School Department looks GREAT!!!! Very proud of the group!!! The SS Dept. is being recognized all month and there are lots of exciting things we're doing ... very exciting month ahead - and busy!!! =0)
We had 200 Krispy Kreme "mini's" yesterday - and I must say they were poppin' em like tic tacs! ha! We found a sure fire way to get people not just "to church" but "early to church" ... serve doughnuts and coffee "pre-service" in the foyer!




After this weekend, my plate has downsized to about the size of an appetizer plate ... ha! but still busy ...


happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The doughnuts look great! I hate I missed open house... =(

Our kids are sooooooo cute! =)