Tuesday, June 09, 2009

This Book Makes Me HAPPY !!!!!!!!


I am SO excited!!!!


I finally found a company to print my blog into book form ... I have searched and searched for well over a year ... entered info for months at a time, only for it to tell me that I had too many pictures, too much info ... narrow it down, etc. ... what?! Ah, no! The whole point in printing it is to print it ALL ... anyhoo ...

Found a company who will print ALL of my blog, no limits on pictures, info, etc. ... however, a bit more expensive than the other companies I've found ... and ... well ... paying a little more is worth it to me ... 1st, I get ALL of my info into one book, AND I don't have to do much - just give them my blog address and voila! A book!

Anyhoo ... I decided to "try them" ... and with that I sent my smallest thing, which would be least expensive ... and that was ... 81 Moments ... LeAnna's blog from last summer ...

Anyhoo ... I did it and it came today!!! W00-Hoo!!! So excited!

There are definitely things that I will do different with my next order, but overall I'm very happy and I can't tell you how it felt to sit down, flip through the pages and be so proud that I have actually stuck with something and made myself do it!

Now that I have this one book printed ... I'm starting my first year ... 2006 ... then on to 2007, 2008 and in a couple of months I can do 84 Moments and the end of the year 2009!!!

Aaahhhhh ... can't explain this feeling I have ... just to know that if "something should happen" to Blogger ... I would have EVERYTHING I have typed and pictures posted for the last 4 years in print!!! To keep!!!! Forever!!! yep ... makes me happy this day!

And ... looking through it ... makes every effort put forth to have blogs SO worth it in the end!!!!



Wow ... happy

tammy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool, and it will be a treasure for years and maybe generations, if you want to think that far ahead. Way to go!
Eddie

Jennifer said...

Very cool! Love the book! =)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Very cool! What is the name of the company?

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome! How many pages did it end up being? How special for LeAnna to be able to get one of her books to look through. My kids every now and then will look through their scrapbooks, so I know she will love the hardback books.
Leanne

TracieClaiborne said...

That is so awesome! I have to make my pictures a low resolution in order to post them on my blog - do they still print okay?

Tammy Batson said...

Hey guys - thanks for the inquires ... This particular book ended up being 58 pages long. The name of the company is Sharedbook ... their site is www.sharedbook.com ... then click on Blog2Print! ... it's so easy and all you have to do is enter your blog address and it pulls up all your info for you -then you have opportunity to change colors, edit, etc. ... I did this first one very plain - just because I wasn't sure what to expect! Now I know! yea! Tracey - you shouldn't have to make your pictures low resolution to post to Blogger - however, the print will be fine in the book because it doesn't enlarge, if anything it's a bit smaller - so shouldn't be a problem ... some of mine were sized and it printed fine. I'm VERY eager to get my main blog printed - I'll be printing from Jan 1 - Dec 31 of each year ... once you tell them your blog and the date "range" that you want for your book, they will let you know the cost of the book after you give them that info. Hope this helps! tammy

Jan Barlar said...

How cool! I think that is so neat. It is truly a treasure; I can't wait to see it.