Monday, November 20, 2006

.... and disaster lurked around the corner ...

Good Evening ...

Don't you hate to hear the term ....

"... and disaster lurked around the corner" ....

Well ... today it did!

On the way home from school, LeAnna asked for some ice cream ... so I went through McDonalds and ordered her a cup of vanilla!


After arriving home ... she got tired of eating and decided to place her cup of 45 minute old ice cream (almost milk at this point) on a bar stool that she had brought into the living room earlier for whatever reason (she's getting creative in her ripe age of 5!)


Princess, being the curious dog she is ... decided to investigate what was left within her reach on the barstool.


Words can't even describe what happened next! No really ... I can't begin to think of words worthy of what "lurked around my living room corner"! I couldn't speak ... I became a mute for a small measure of time ...

Let's just say that I was so upset ... that I wasn't even thinking about taking a picture! Which now I wish I had of ... only to be able to enjoy it over and over again?! Ahh ... No!


However ... after cleaning up sticky, milky, melted, ice cream from both couches, the floor, the bar stool, the carpet all the way into the dining room, the hardwood, the sliding glass doors, the wall, the deck ... mainly because ... when dogs get something - sticky, milky, melted substances like 45 minute old ice cream poured all over their head ... they tend to want to shake their head wildly, as if to shake off what just got dumped on them! Thus the previously mentioned messes!!!!!


And all the while ... breathing hard, trying to carefully choose the "perfect" words to say, in a manner that LeAnna fully understood what just REALLY happened ... she kept saying ... "But Princess made the mess!"

Oh my ... discipline was in order.

She learned a new word today .... "enabler" and what that meant!

Bless her heart ...

After sticking Princess on the deck while I tried to clean everything up ... I went back to check on her and couldn't help but laugh ... she was still dripping ... so I grabbed the camera and took a couple of pics ...


However ... these pictures do not do justice to what REALLY "lurked around the corner" today! Seeing as how most of what was on her originally was now all over my house!




Happy Monday ... tammy

No comments: