Monday, January 12, 2009

45 Month Anniversary ...

Okay ...

we are only 12 days into this year already ... and we've had several ordeals already!!!!

oh my goodness ... just hoping this is not a "gauge" of things to come this year! Praying against that!

Whew ...

rough night ... I was up every few minutes checking on LeAnna and then every time she moved I was up ... where the laceration is on her head, (top back right) I didn't want her turning and laying wrong with it being open like it was ...


she slept a long time ... I finally woke her up a little after 10am ...

we had to eat, bathe, get dressed and leave for our appointment to the surgeon ...

an ironic moment ... when I realized that Dr. Christian (whom we seen today) actually performed her open heart surgery exactly 45 months ago today ...


whew ...



we were there for a while ... but got a very good report ...

after x-rays and reviews ... the Dr. said that everything was in correct position, bone structure wise ... and the sternal wires were in their proper places ... so she was not worried about that ... one of the places LeAnna has been complaining about is an internal suture ... she said in a couple of years - soft tissue would form over it and it would not be as bothersome ... other than that, she couldn't really explain the "chest pain" ... other than, there will be aches and pains that she will experience because of going through the open heart surgery ... and also that at her age, it is common to experience chest pain anyway ... she said in 3-6 months she probably won't feel anything at all and that she's just very "aware" of any pain right now. She assured us that she is not worried at all. Which is exactly what we wanted and needed to hear!

So ... this evening ... several times LeAnna has come to me saying, "Mom, I'm hurting again" and I explain to her that it's okay and that she has lots of stuff in there but it's okay and it will not hurt her and that she will be okay ...

Whew ... it's just hard ... when I really and truly don't know (no one does, but her) her level and kind of pain that she is experiencing ... and as a Mommy, I just want to make it all okay ...

I'm just trusting God that all is well and she's in His hands and everything is going to be okay.

Whew ...

After we left her office ... LeAnna asked if we could go to a few places that she explained earlier today she had "good memories" there ... =0)

so we went to the gift shop ... we went to Taco Bell/Pizza Hut in the food court and we stopped by the "stage" area with all the butterflies ...

to her ... these were "good memories" ... because it gave her a bit of "escape" from all the wires and beeping machines during our stay in our little room ... and also our visits back for check-ups ...

while we were eating in the food court ... Nate stopped by a table next to ours and felt impressed to talk to them ... we found out that their little boy (looked to be about 2) had a brain tumor and is having surgery in the morning ... we were able to talk to them for a bit and tell them we would be praying for them ... his name is Gage ... tears came to the Dad's eyes ... and to mine as well as I walked away ... we were leaving the hospital with a good report and they were sitting there in dread and not knowing their future ... yep ... makes you stop and think ... and immediately be thankful ...

another "whew" ...
Wow ... long, stressful last 24 hours or so ...

thankful though ... and very happy with our report ...

thanks for your prayers, we are very appreciative ... tammy

4 comments:

carandavis said...

so glad she's okay!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a weekend! I can tell you about head injuries and staples. It's sad to say Vanderbilt ER has all my kids on file in the computer! All we do is go in and give our name! The last time was with Carter, he seems to be the main one!, and we were going to church one day in June and somehow, you know with kids, the metal gate jumped up and hit him in the head. I'm sure his brother or sister helped it!
But Doug comes in, of course I'm always last, and he's crazy. Did you grab a dark towel? I don't know how I had enough sense to do that! But I had heard with kids, or I guess adults too, to not see so much blood on the towel, get a dark colored towel. Anyways, we ended up with 2 staples and a head similar to yours.
We did have a plus, I guess to kinda calm me down. Although I was surprisingly calm and he was crazy, and the bleeding had stopped when we got there. That was back when The Bachelor had just been on and had the cute Nashville doctor on as the Bachelor. Well he was our doctor who took care of us! So that did give me a little distraction instead of my son's head and staples going in!

Leanne Owen

Jennifer said...

I'm glad everythings okay and nothing else has to be done!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good report. Sorry to hear about the busted open head. Bittersweet, huh?
Eddie