what goes in ... must come out ...
LeAnna had her staples removed today ...
we were hoping for a "non-traumatic" experience ...
well ...
1 staple was stuck ... embedded ... however you want to put it ...
the doc ... was sweating just a bit ... and gave me a sigh of relief when it was over ...
she commented that she had never seen staples like this (we knew this already from the ER last week, that they were "new")
she also said ... "it's going to bleed ... I've got to wedge it out"
EEK!!!
The whole time - I'm telling LeAnna "it's not that big of a deal" ...
yikes! it wasn't "supposed" to be that big of a deal ...
Her friend Miquela spent the night Sunday night and was a big help in keeping her "calm" ... we had to wait for an hour before being seen ... I think every kid in Nashville was sick and at our doctor's office! =0)
Anyhoo ... after an hour and 45 minutes ... we left ... tear stained shirt and "open" laceration ... yep ... could have used a stitch or two for sure ... but the doc decided to let it be ...
it happened to be the same spot they left gaping open a bit at the ER last week ... go figure right?!
here's two of the staples ... for the sake of comparison ... the one that looks like a bat or an "m" is what they are supposed to look like ... the embedded one below it ... yep she cried hard on this one!

playing at home later ...

She's fine now ... and happy it's over! Now just "time" ... to heal completely ...
whew!
trauma and drama ... all wrapped up in one laceration!
Back to business as usual ... I guess ... but what is usual? or normal? Okay ... "our" usual/normal! ha!
happy day ... tammy
1 comment:
Oh My Goodness!! I just fixed Carter's scrapbook yesterday with his pictures from his head (yes 2 years behind in his life in his book!!), I don't know what they told you about being new because they were the same.
I'm about ready to take my pictures to the ER and say "Look this is what it is supposed to look like after staples. Closed. Not another open wound!!"
One of his was hard to get out too. And he cried, no screamed, and the doctor was practically on top of his head trying to pry it out.
Leanne
Post a Comment