Monday, January 05, 2009

First Annual Friendship Day ...


... a very busy first day of the week on this first full week of this new year ... (I know - I went back and read this twice because it sounded funny - ha) anyhoo ...

LeAnna was invited to attend a birthday party today for her friend Sophie ... we found out Friday that she was having a Hello Kitty party, so LeAnna was insistent that she have the new Hello Kitty at Build-A-Bear ... SO ... we got up early and was at the mall in Franklin shortly after they opened this morning ... the party was at 11am ... so we were in slight fast paced mode ... we made it to Ashland City from Franklin by 11:10 ... not too bad, if you know the distance from Bellevue to Franklin, make a "kitty" at Build-A-Bear (and yes, she took the time to jump up and down 3 times, spin around touch the "heart" to her head, cheek, and heart and kiss it before inserting it AND give the kitty a bath and pick out clothes, and enter the info for a birth certificate, walk back through the mall and drive to Ashland City ... oh yeah and we went to McDonalds on the way to the mall ... yikes! (no officer, I didn't see a speed limit sign - what sign?)

moving right along ... (literally) - ha!

Sophie turned 5 on Friday and we celebrated with them at Cheesecake Factory Friday evening ... and then her "private party" was held today ... in other words ... Jaden was at grandma's house! ha! The girls had fun eating, decorating their own personal "cupcakes" and playing games ... the mommies had fun chatting ...


THEN ... it was off to pick up Kaitlyn ... today was "their" Friendship Day! and from this time forward - January 5th has been declared as "their personal friendship day" ...

LeAnna came to me a week or so ago and said, "Mom, we celebrate Mommy's day, Daddy's day and Grandparents day ... but we don't have a friend day - so Kaitlyn and I decided we would have our own day" ... so that's how it all started ...


So ... Kaitlyn brought over her Build-A-Bear closet and a special bear friend and they played all afternoon with their dress up closets and bears ... it was "their" last time together while still on Christmas break ...


no more sleeping late ... no more staying up late ... it's back to school for these girls tomorrow!

LeAnna was in the bed by 8pm this evening ... and I did some much needed work on the computer ...


I tried two new recipes this evening ... both very good and will be made again ... however ... was in a bit of a time crunch and didn't take the time to do pics ... however, I had good intentions to do so to be added to table for three ... next time ... goal is to cook every night this week ... so maybe tomorrow nights meal will be a "newbie" and I'll have more time to do some pics ...


LeAnna has a doc appointment tomorrow ... she's been having some chest pain and it has been occurring more often in the last few days ... I'm "thinking" it's that silly wire pushing it's way through on a bone ... it is protruding a bit ... (one of the wires that was used to hold her breast bone together after open heart surgery 3 1/2 years ago) ... please say a prayer for her and my peace of mind ... let me tell you - it's NOT fun when your "heart patient" child starts coming to you with chest pain! I honestly believe everything is okay ... however, I just need some peace of mind to know it's just that wire and nothing else ... I totally appreciate your prayers. I'll post the results of the visit tomorrow ...


happy day ... tammy

No comments: