Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Little Instant Gratification ...


Good Morning ...


Well ... I learned the first rule of "green thumb" yesterday ...


Wear gloves!


Oh my ... when I came inside ... I had so much dirt under my fingernails and in my cuticles ... I looked like a two year old who had been out playing in the mud ...


It felt good though!


Experience "earth" ... that's what I say ... get in there and get dirty! Earthworms and all!


ha!


Anyhoo ... Nathan came home and said, "What are you, a gardner now?"


Oh well ... not claiming to be a true "gardner" by no means ... but ... I am enjoying myself and learning a few things as I go ...


One thing I found VERY frustrating though ... I went and bought TONS of little flowers to plant ... the back of my van was full (with the back seat down) ... and I get home and think ... man ... this is going to take a while ...


So ...


When I got done with 1/2 of them ... I stood back and looked and thought ... okay ... did the ground just open up and swallow my pretty little flowers? Did the ground think I was planting my pretty little flowers as "food" for it?!


What happened to ALL of those flowers?!?!?!?


Didn't look like much once it was all in the ground ... WOW!!!


So ... I'm feeling the need for a little more "instant gratification" ...


Back to Home Depot maybe? ..... Buy a few more?


I don't know if I can "dig, plant, water, and wait" for something to appear ...


I'm into the "poof! there they are" kind of flowers! =)


Oh well ... I guess when I'm a more "seasoned" gardener ... I will be able to "wait" during the nurturing process of producing pretty flowers ...


But for now ... I'm liking "seeing it already" out there!



"In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."

- Margaret Atwood


Happy Thursday ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

You go you little gardener!!