Saturday, March 10, 2007

We've Moved ... We have loose teeth, missing teeth and we're reading books!

Good Morning!


Wow! Can you believe it?! It's been over a week since I've posted!!! Not by choice, however!


We got Comcast when we moved this last week and for some reason Comcast has a LOT of popup blockers and I haven't been able to sign on ... anyhoo ... the only way I was able to get on was to post a comment to someone else's blog (which took me in the back door - so to speak) and then - here I am!


Finally!


Okay ... so ... one week ago today ... I woke up (first night in the house) and I was covered from head to toe with an allergic reaction to something ... I swelled up with large, red whelps all over my body ...


Immediately starting taking Benedryl and lived on it for two days ...


Imagine ... taking Benedryl and then forcing yourself to stay awake and TRY to function while moving!!!

hahahahahahahah!!!!!

It's really not funny .... well it wasn't funny then ... but now I look back and don't even really remember having conversations I had with people! I had people asking me questions ... I would just stare at them trying to comprehend what they were saying and them having to repeat themselves ...


hhmmmm ... you should have seen me trying to make decisions about where things should go ... wasn't happening very well ...

So then ... Sunday ... I looked worse! So I ended up at the doctor (all afternoon) ... waited over two hours just to be seen ... the receptionist told me it was their busiest day they had ever had on a Sunday!

ha! Of course ... only me!

So ... with prescriptions in hand and a diagnosis of a "contact allergic reaction, apparently to some chemicals I had been using on Friday evening ... after about two more days I started feeling better!


Let me tell you ... it's been a MONTH!!!!


We are slowly but surely getting things situated ... not everything is in place ... but we're getting there.

Some exciting things happened this week ...

Wednesday night ... I was reading LeAnna to sleep with her new library book she had gotten that day at school ... we had been talking for a while now about sounding out letters to make words and actually "read"! So ... reading the book and LeAnna says ... can I try a word? So I went over it again ... sound out the letters and it will make the word ... She started slowly but all of a sudden - she reads a word ... then another ... and another!!!!


I was SO excited!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! She was SO excited!!! That she wanted to read ALL her books!!!! ha! She could hardly wait to tell her teacher the next morning!


I can actually remember as a child ... it was a sunny afternoon ... I even remember the way the sun poured through the kitchen window, making the room appear a weird yellow color ... anyhoo ... I was standing in front of the kitchen windows with my Mom who had just gotten a letter from Mama Neely (in Florida) in the mail ... I remember it being on yellow, lined paper about the size of a 5x7 (talk about a vivid memory, huh?) ... and seeing TONS of letters on the page ...

... but it looked like this:

gaks dfiauser akd fau dghas podif wayedhr tipogs ndfgn alksd

when it actually said something like:

The weather here is great and I miss you terribly!

hahahah! Anyhoo ...

It's a weird thing to me to actually be able to remember "not being able to read" and how frustrating it was for me to look at a bunch of letters!

OH well ...


Moving ... 1st loose tooth ... reading 1st words .... LOTS happening right now!

Here's a pic that Nate surprised me with from Ballard Design ... absolutely LOVE anything from Ballard Design ... he is becoming the "Interior Designer" in the family ... he's had LOTS of input at the new house ... and everything is looking nice ...

We have a LOT more to do ... we'll get there soon, hopefully.
Happy Saturday ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

There you are! I've been checking your blog daily for an update.

Thanks for the advice on my blog about my tooth. You have been on my mind a lot. I keep going back to what all you went through with your dry socket. Don't worry - I'll be VERY careful. I've had a tooth pulled before and remember all the warnings. I'm wondering, what do you think caused yours? E-mail me. For some reason, I couldn't find your e-mail address.

I love your new picture!! I love Ballard too.

That is so wonderful about LeAnna reading! And so freaky that you can remember when you couldn't read. You must have a memory like a rock. I can't remember most of my childhood. Everytime I read something like that on your blog, I want to say, "you have GOT to scrapbook that!" LOL!!