Good Evening ...
Well ... this is LeAnna's last week of preschool ... last day is Friday ...
Then ... she's out for the whole summer! No summer "preschool" for her this year!
Yea! She is SO excited!!! I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about it myself ... that means I don't "have to" get up and get dressed at the crack of dawn every morning now! At least for the summer!
AND ... PLUS ... I think I have a deal worked out with Nate when LeAnna starts to school this fall ... he is "saying" he will take her to school every morning and I will pick her up in the afternoon!
Yea baby! Liking this idea ... Let's PRAY it holds up!
LeAnna is already planning what we're going to do this summer ...
She is wanting to play minature golf ... go to the library ... play outside ... and the list goes on and on ...
She's excited! And what's funny ... is that she hasn't learned to "truly" appreciate her summer's yet!
I remember anticipating the last day of school each year ... totally remembering that feeling I got inside that there was no more homework, no more getting up early ... no more going to bed early ... totally focused on playing outside, riding my bike, reading a book, getting sunburned, ... also recall that anticipation of meeting my girlfriends outside first thing each morning to plan our day ... whose house we would play at ... where we would eat lunch ... whose mom was fixing the kool-aid ... you know ... all the "worries of summer"!
Ahhh ... and the summer nights!!! LOVED them!!!! Catching lightening bugs in a jar ... wiping a few on my shirt so I would glow in the dark ... laying on my trampoline, studying the stars, listening to crickets ... and then at the end of a long day, taking a bath and then having to clean the ring out of the tub from all the dirt I had collected that day!
Yep ... the joys of summer when you're a kid! Nothing like it!
So ... yeah ... envying LeAnna just a bit ... knowing she has all these fun things ahead of her to look forward to ... making up her own creative ways to have a good time ... all the while knowing it will pass just as fast for her as it did for me!
There is supposed to be an "end of the year picnic" tomorrow at the park ... if it doesn't rain! If it rains ... it's a regular school day ...
So - we'll see what happens in the morning!
Happy Tuesday ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment