I couldn't help but "think" the whole time I was standing in the gym, - listening, watching, taking pictures ... that ... this is the beginning of many times in this gym that I will be listening, watching, taking pictures! And that these moments were the ones I had waited for SO long ... to be able to do this kind of stuff! Everything in her life, I totally enjoy and try not to take for granted each special moment ... for there was a time that I would sit and dream of the things I am privileged to do now ... so ... yep ... tears sprung forward (of course) they didn't actually pour out - I stopped that by looking up at the ceiling and out across the gym like there was a purpose for doing this ... =0) ... anyhoo ... nope I wasn't really invited to this event - ha - but ... someone had to document with pictures! =0)
Tomorrow - today actually - I know ... it's late ... this is the first opportunity I have had to get on the computer ... been super busy today ... got 22 people coming tomorrow - today ... =0)
I found a little something that interested me ... thought I would share ...
President George Washington made this national Thanksgiving proclamation in 1789.
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection, aid, and favors ...
Now therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of the United States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, and is, or that will be; that we may all then unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country, and for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.
Years before this proclamation ... there was a Governor Bradford in 1623, three years after the Pilgrims settled at Plymouth ... that wrote a proclamation to all the Pilgrims to recognize Thursday, the 29th as a rendering of thanks to Almighty God for all His blessings ... and was to be done between the hours of 9am - 12 noon.
We're celebrating on the 22nd of November, in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seven, at 1:00pm ... =0)
Happy Thanksgiving ... tammy

No comments:
Post a Comment