Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Crazy ...

Here's my lucy bug ... we did some family pics this weekend for hopefully a Christmas Card ... THANKS Renee for helping out - couldn't have done it without you!


So ... have you ever been in a situation ... where ... you looked like you were doing something that was SO not you ... yet ... you weren't really doing anything wrong?!


Okay ... not making sense ...


So ... today ...


I went to the liquor store ...


yep ... well ... sometimes .... you just gotta do what you gotta do ... and today was one of those days!



First ... I had to take mom to work ... which included a tour of Nashville and 4 stops along the way ... one of those stops included the liquor store!


Yep ... not used to going to the liquor store ... but ... mom insisted! ha! (she has 50 Christmas Puddings to make today)


anyhoo ...


Mom was an old pro in the liquor store ... she had everything she needed and was at the counter paying and I was still trying to decide on one bottle of Sherry for a dish I've been wanting to try ... and a good friend of mine told me not to buy it at the grocery store - it makes the dish taste like rubbing alcohol ... so here I am ... not having a clue ... so this nice lady walks up and asks if she can help ... whew - glad she knew what I needed ... she chose one and handed it to me ...


So out we walk, my one bottle in hand (brown bagged) and her $100 worth of Jack Daniels!


So funny ...


Yep ... weird situation ... and the whole time I'm thinking ... "if anyone sees us coming out of Belle Meade Liquor, oh my ..."


so ... yes, there were people standing around in the store and outside of the store - minding their own business ... but I felt very impelled to say "Sweet Potato Bake and Christmas Pudding", while holding up the brown bag! Like they care! But I sure did! And then there's mom wagging a whole box of Jack out to the van! Barely can walk due to her knee situation ... it's not funny - but yet at the same time VERY funny! oh my ... bless her heart ... looked as if she had been nippin' a little herself ... bless her heart ...


Anyhoo ...


Just one of those odd situations that you get into sometimes ... oh well ...


Crazy day, crazy morning, crazy night last night ... crazy, crazy - my life! I would try to explain, but I'm tried of thinking about my crazy life right now ... so ... anyoo ...


Yep ... crazy day ...


so ... getting ready for a little shindig at the house this weekend ... having a few couples over to start the holiday season ... we've asked everyone to bring a gag gift ... I've found one, but I'm in search of another one ... anyone have any ideas?


Can't wait to see what else is looming around my crazy corners today ...


happy days ... tammy

4 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!
I can just picture ya'll in there!
One of my best friends, Annie, had me drop her off at the liquor store one day so she could get a bottle of wine. I felt convicted just sitting in the parking lot in front of the store. LOL! I don't really think anything about someone having a glass of wine but actually shopping in a liquor store seems like a sin! ha-ha!!! We are a product of our upbringing, aren't we?

Maybe you should rename your blog "my crazy life." heehee

Anonymous said...

I decided one year to make an amaretto soaked fruit cake. I too was praying no one saw me in the liquor store. Funny! I could just see Aunt Ann dragging that foot and limping out with that box of Jacks! Funny!
Enjoy your blogs and love the Thanksgiving table, oh, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I can just picture the liquor store event. One year I decided to make a fruit cake and soak it in Amaretto. I too hoped no one saw me enter and exit the Walgreens Liquor store.
Also loved your Thanksgiving table...oh so pretty!

carandavis said...

that is so funny. your mom was on a mission!