Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Tuesday Gone Bad ...

I decided a long time ago ... that Tammy would never start a diet on a Monday!


I've always said ... I would only begin a diet on a Tuesday ... (mental thing with me - I guess in my pea-brain thinking ... "why would I want to be a failure on a Monday morning?!")

So mentally - I tell myself, "ah, wouldn't have done it today anyway - so let's push for tomorrow attitude, by then (Tuesday) I would have the will power needed ... and that my friends is where I came up with a "diet should start on a Tuesday"

... like some colossal power was going to surge through my fat hinder parts and give me the boost I need to stick to a diet - and Tuesday seems like a good time for this to happen!

So ... today being Tuesday - I woke up with the colossal boost determination stemming from my hinder parts ... AND did GREAT!!!!


... for breakfast!

Then ...

lunch happened!

ha!

Let's look together at the word "diet" ... shall we?

in reference to the good ol' dictionary ... I found the following definition ...

... "to follow a restricted pattern of eating or drinking in order to lose weight"


sounds good ... right?!

RRRIIGGHHHTTTTT .... On paper maybe!!!!!


The MOMENT my ears hear and brain processes "restricted intake" - it takes on a spirit of rebellion!

So ... okay ... back to "Tuesday" (morning) ...

Went well ... breakfast was good, healthy, and if I were ... say ... counting points as if I were on ... say ... Weight Watchers ... I would have been dead-on for a good point breakfast!

I was feeling good ... I even exercised (walked up the steps to the computer) - every little bit helps!

So ... LeAnna woke up not feeling well this morning and felt warm ... took her temp - 100.2 ... no school for her today!


And ... I'm very use to her being at school during the day while I work and not accustomed to helping her "find things to do" while home!

So ... I finally agreed to run her to blockbuster for a movie ... first of all - No - the TV is not my babysitter ... but today - I started a new project for work and HAD to have some devoted concentration ... and I really needed help ... so ... we went to blockbuster.

Okay ... on the way ... my car turned left into the shopping center that houses Blockbuster (which just so happens to be right beside the gym) ... I love participating in cheering on the people on the treadmills, sweat pouring, running their guts out - while on the other side of the glass - giving my nod of support with a "you can do it" smile ... yes ... does my heart good to be of such encouragement to my fellowman!


anyhoo ...

On this little trip ... my stomach developed another definition of "diet" that my brain had not thought of yet ...


"I am going to DIE if I don't EAT" .... don't you get that out of "diet"? ... the word DIE is in there for sure!

Anyhoo ... so pulling out of blockbuster, admiring the little people in the gym, I stop at Rite-Aid for Triaminic for LeAnna ... just so happens ... Mr. Happy Manager put 4 grocery carts of Halloween candy at the front of the store and lured me by saying ... 75% and more off!!!! Which brought my "last week bought bag of candy of $4-$6 down to .79 cents per bag"


Okay ... attention getting for the starved impulse buyer that just entered the store - hoisted by the overwhelming hinder part boost that I received this morning!

Yikes!


What were they thinking?! Thanks Mr. Happy Manager!

Yep ... HAD to buy candy - it looks so cute in my leaf platter - all those little bite size jewels sitting on my kitchen table!


Then ... made it to the van ... only to have something horrible happen to me ...


I was supposed to make a right turn out of the parking lot to head home ... instead ... the devil turned my car wheels pointing across the street ... and low and behold ... McDonalds!


Yep ... that's right folks ... McDonalds happened ...

I am so ashamed to admit this ...


dumb ol' devil made me do it!

might as well blame it on him right?!


NO ... it's MY fault ...


Crazy - dumb me! Yep ... it was a losing battle today ... and all before flippin' LUNCH!!!!!!


How crazy dumb is that?!


Anyhoo ... I have made the quiet inner decision to ponder "Wednesday" as being my official start day for a diet from now on ... that way I have TWO whole days to get psyched for it!


That my friend ... was a "moment" in my life that happened today - on a Tuesday!

I'm praying for Wednesday to begin and end much better ...

and ... in honor of this day ... I'm posting a to die for recipe ... I got it from a friend and Mom made it at work today and said it was a very big hit!!! Yes ... I tried some (might as well) and it was delish!

Pumpkin Crunch

Ingredients:

1 16 oz can of pumpkin

1 12 oz evaporated milk

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

3 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

1 yellow cake mix

1 cup melted butter

1 cup chopped pecans

Directions: Mix first 9 ingredients together and put into 9x13 dish

sprinkle cake mix on top of mixture

sprinkle pecans over cake mix

pour the butter on top

bake at 350 for 55 minutes

Top with cool whip or ice cream optional

a great little 'seasonal' treat!


happy days ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

You so funny.
I always feel gross after I eat McDonalds but that doesn't stop me from going there!

Hope LeAnna's feeling better.
Caroline and I have both been sick too. It's in the air, I'm afraid.