Wednesday, December 05, 2007

PJ's In Public ...

Ever imagine being in public in your pj's?


Well ... I have, I did ... I was ... well ... I would like to have been!


It all started EARLY (well late) this morning ...


I awoke to two strange noises ...


an annoying solid tone that kept getting louder and a phone ringing at the same time!!!


It was the alarm clock and Nate calling to say "GET UP"!


It was 7:10 a.m. and he was NOT home!!! What?!?!?!


AND ... he informed me that not only was I late getting up - that I had to take LeAnna to school ...


WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?


Okay ... I'm in a complete fog ... I was up at 1:30 putting my insulin pump back in (ran out of insulin) and wasn't feeling well (stuffy, allergy mess, etc.) ... so I took a Clairnex (which has a dizzy/sleepy effect on me -thus the reason I take it at night) ... big mistake!


oh my goodness ... NOT only do I have to fix breakfast, fix a lunch, and help LeAnna get dressed ... I HAVE TO FIX MY HAIR AND GET DRESSED ... and look presentable ... we can't just "drop off" at the door ... we have to physically walk her in!!! Oh My Goodness ... WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!!? AND it's 7:10 a.m. ... have to leave the house in 35 minutes at the latest!!!!



SO ... fast mode this morning ... however, we did it .... and ON TIME!!!


Wow ... so ... I had just got in the van ... shut the door and was putting the key in the ignition and was thinking ... "man, I deserve McDonald's after this" ... ha! I had just started the car and the phone rang ... it was Nate ... MAKING SURE I was on time!!! =0)


He said, "want to go to Cracker Barrel?" .... ahhh - Yea!


So ... nifty ... prayers answered and meal paid for too! =0)


So ... I get there before him and get a table ... once again ... alone ... at Cracker Barrel ... "waiting" ... weird thoughts occur when this happens to me for some reason ...


So ... the hostess sits me at a table beside the fireplace .... Ahhhh ... so warm ... cozy ... I'm really enjoying this ... wow ... nice ... and after about 2 minutes of realizing the effects that the warm fire is having on me ... I start to drift ... and imagining ... as if I were in my own living room ... in a cozy pair of pajama's ... sipping hot chocolate with those itty bitty marshmallows and shaved curls of chocolate dancing in my cup ... while the crunch and sizzle of the fire takes hold of my senses and the warmth overwhelms me ... ahhh .... this is the life ...


then ... I hear a faint voice ... "would you like some coffee?" ... and I'm thinking ... "wow, a cracker barrel waitress waiting on me in my living room in my pj's" as I look up at her with a glisteny glaze ... and then realize where I'm at and it took me off guard and I said, "no, unsweet tea" ... Argh..... how dumb is that?! She probably thought, "what is this chick on?"


ha!


oh well ... nothing like getting lost in the moment!


So ... yes ... at "that moment" I could have easily worn my pj's to Cracker Barrel and had a nice breakfast by the fire!
LeAnna wasn't that excited about going back to school ... and sure didn't want me leaving her ... but she was fine ...
Tomorrow is a field trip to Grinch on Ice ... AND had forgotten that she has her annual cardiologist appointment tomorrow as well ... yikes!!!!! Busy, busy.

Life ...

happy days ... tammy

No comments: