Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas ...

Long time no post ... but then again, my "crazy life" would be the main factor in the contribution of this cause.


So ... since last post ... we've had several happenings around here ...


We've taken down ... okay ... wait, retract ... I've taken down fall decor and put up Christmas decor ... although ... Nate did help with the wreaths on the windows outside that required going on the roof out of LeAnna's bedroom window! Yep ... I threatened to close and lock the window and was even bold enough to ask what he would do if I did so! ha! I couldn't help myself - it was "a day" around here trying to put up the Christmas paraphernalia and he was not "in the mood"! Got to be in the mood to have successful Christmas decor placed appropriately throughout the home! Yep ... anyhoo ... he also put up the family tree in the bonus room and even put some ornaments on! Looked very nice ... this was all in preparation for a Christmas party we had here at the house Saturday evening ... in order to "kick off" the season, you've got to have up some decor ... right?!


hmmm ...

anyhoo ... LeAnna had a birthday party/sleep over Friday evening to attend for her friend Kaitlyn ... I took LeAnna out of school early Friday and we went and had lunch with Kaitlyn at school in honor of her birthday - it was a surprise - she didn't know we were coming! That was cool!


So ... birthday party Friday night and then to Granny's on Saturday morning ... Granny took LeAnna and Dawson on the Polar Express train ride down town ... 4 1/2 hours later - POOR GRANNY!!! They had a great time, but I think they were tired, worn, and hungry when they returned ... LeAnna then spent the night at Granny's house! She had a BIG weekend!


THEN ... I went to Granny's to get her dressed for church this morning and I noticed a bump on her face ... my thoughts ... "hmmm - a bug bite?" .... so we went on to church ... later ... she started breaking out in a rash on her face and neck and more bumps! Thank God for a doc at church! I got her out of Sunday School to look at LeAnna ... she determined that it appeared to be something called Fifth Disease ... a viral infection that is contagious and once the rash appears, they've had it for a few days and are not "as" contagious ... yikes! So ... now ... low grade temp and home - no church tonight and no school tomorrow! And a phone call to the pediatrician in the morning!


AND ... Kaitlyn has it too!!! So ... no telling where they got it from! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes!


Always something around this household ... oh well ... sure makes life interesting!!!


So ... our party ... we had a few games ... one was ... two couples were chosen to wrap a gift as a couple ... the only catch? They could only use one arm each! Yep -- team work! Congrats Jerry and Allison for winning!!! They make a great team!


Then ... we had asked everyone to bring a gag gift ... and we played dirty santa with them ... way too funny!
Here's Nate losing one gift and gaining another ... funny how they seem to be meant for each other! ha!


Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves ... we had a great time ... it was nice to kick off this Holiday Season on the 1st of the month ... sort of put me in the mood to start shopping, baking, wrapping gifts, etc. ...


Here's hoping all is well in your corner of the world ...


happy days ... tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hated missing your party. Sounds like you guys had a blast. I wish we could have been in several places at one time. Oh well. I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Maybe we can join next time.
Eddie