Tomorrow is coming home day!!!! I brought some of her things home this evening ... she is READY ... We are ALL ready!!!!! She's still worried about the whole getting in and out of the car issue ... but I think she will be fine ... that's what we keep telling her anyway! Bless her heart ...
She has been in pain today ... therapy is SO intense ... and they put her through the mill again today! She got in the car again this morning ... did much better ... which made her feel a bit better ...
LeAnna was out of school today ... so I had to take her with me ... she has been neglected "some" ... not really ... but it has been all about Nana the last 11 days or so ... and she has had to spend alot of time at the hospital ... where I'm constantly saying "wash your hands, keep your hands away from your mouth, keep your shoes on, be a little quieter, don't run, walk slower, be careful, don't hit the bed, ... and on and on and on ... SO today on the way to the hospital ... I asked her what she would like for lunch ... she said ... Mom, the only thing that will make my tummy feel good is Tequilas! (not the drink - the restaurant!) ... so I comtemplated (after taking myself out of line at McDonalds) whether to call our order in or actually go there and eat ... I figured by the time I called it in, I could be sitting down eating chips, with my meal 1/2 way to the table ... so ... that's what we did! We're sitting there eating our chips and salsa and she says ... Mom, I could eat Tequila's for breakfast, lunch and dinner - everyday! She LOVES the fajita chicken nachos ... her favorite ... and she orders it everytime we dine there!
Anyhoo ... I called Nana's room and there was no answer - which meant they were still in a therapy session ... so the obligement to "dining in" was buffered ... and for a good cause ... for the last 11 days we have done so many drive throughs and hospital cafeteria food ... that I honestly have lost my appetite ... I can not wait to be able to cook at home again!!!!! And I know Nathan is ready too! I have been craving a home cooked meal!!!! Getting home at 8-9p every night ... the last thing on my mind is cooking ... it's been all about sleeping just to get up and do it all over again the next day!
So ... tomorrow, Tuesday ... is coming home day ... she is so ready to come home and who wouldn't be ... there is nothing like being in your own surroundings and the comfort of your own home! However, she did mention that she would like to bring home the $2,000 hospital bed (which I talked her out of) ... the beds on the unit are new and do everything but feed you! And she is definitely going to miss her hospital bed ... we had "getting out of bed" down to a fine art technique! We keep reminding her ... her situation is only temporary ... everyday she's progressing and getting better ... unlike my Dad ... who got nothing but worse everyday ... BIG difference! AND nice for a change!
I'll post some coming home pics tomorrow ...
Now ... I have TONS of work to do for my job before going to bed ...
happy daZe ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment