As I grow older … I see things in myself that I don’t like … I look at others and admire them for certain “traits” they have that I wish I possessed as well. And in getting older, the things that I don’t like about myself seem to be getting worse! Ha! I guess that is what they refer to as “getting set in your ways” … YIKES! I’m not that old am I? Anyhoo … pushing 40 is NOT a fun phenomenon … but hey – it’s better than the alternative – right?!
Anyhoo … I guess we all have “traits” and “ways” about ourselves that we wish we could change … and guess who it’s up to?! ME! Yep … me …
So … working on myself … those things that I don’t like about me, work on changing and making different.
And to be honest … a lot of these traits no one even knows about … it’s a personal battle I fight – there are times I have to bite and keep my tongue suppressed when biting would make me feel MUCH better in a given situation! When actually what I would be doing if I gave in, would be biting into my own fruit! Oh well … makes one think – huh?!
I started a study a couple of years ago on the Fruits of the Spirit. It really became clear to me that God expects us to posses ALL of these fruits not just “a couple” … and if you really study this … WOW … eye opening … for years, I guess I took for granted what I was “quoting” when I would say those scriptures out loud … and when I started praying that scripture, for God to work on those areas that I wasn’t possessing … WOW … you talk about stopping and thinking … definitely made me stop and think!
AND … this week … we’ve been working on Long Suffering … and for my Mom the suffering has been VERY long … for me … us dealing with doctors/surgeons 2-3 times a day and nurses in between, just TRYING to get Mom’s pain level under control … has proven perfect for working on my “long suffering fruit”! We just want her pain to stop! And it’s been at a point of unbearable this week … she DID NOT have this kind of pain in the hospital! So to see her lay there and suffer … long … and hard … it’s been tough! And the last thing you want to do when you are swollen out the wazoo and hurting and sick at your stomach is lift your legs above your head and bend your knees in repetitions … and that’s what she’s having to do with the therapist … and they’re having to push her past the 90 degree mark … horrible!
Anyhoo … so … yep … some of the fruits have some slight bruising on them and need some work … not just for this situation … but for many I’m sure …
Anyhoo … just keeping it real … and like I said … we could all find some fruit issues in all of us … and I’ve learned – it’s not my job to be a fruit inspector for anyone else… it’s my job to be my own personal fruit inspector … and that’s what I’m trying to do. And some days … some fruits are tastier than others! =0)
Please say a prayer for Mom … I just got back from the surgeons office, picking up a new prescription for pain … AND we have to take her in on Monday to be checked, just to make sure the incision sites are okay and that every thing else is okay. We’re just praying this new drug works and she has a better weekend!
Anyhoo … I guess we all have “traits” and “ways” about ourselves that we wish we could change … and guess who it’s up to?! ME! Yep … me …
So … working on myself … those things that I don’t like about me, work on changing and making different.
And to be honest … a lot of these traits no one even knows about … it’s a personal battle I fight – there are times I have to bite and keep my tongue suppressed when biting would make me feel MUCH better in a given situation! When actually what I would be doing if I gave in, would be biting into my own fruit! Oh well … makes one think – huh?!
I started a study a couple of years ago on the Fruits of the Spirit. It really became clear to me that God expects us to posses ALL of these fruits not just “a couple” … and if you really study this … WOW … eye opening … for years, I guess I took for granted what I was “quoting” when I would say those scriptures out loud … and when I started praying that scripture, for God to work on those areas that I wasn’t possessing … WOW … you talk about stopping and thinking … definitely made me stop and think!
AND … this week … we’ve been working on Long Suffering … and for my Mom the suffering has been VERY long … for me … us dealing with doctors/surgeons 2-3 times a day and nurses in between, just TRYING to get Mom’s pain level under control … has proven perfect for working on my “long suffering fruit”! We just want her pain to stop! And it’s been at a point of unbearable this week … she DID NOT have this kind of pain in the hospital! So to see her lay there and suffer … long … and hard … it’s been tough! And the last thing you want to do when you are swollen out the wazoo and hurting and sick at your stomach is lift your legs above your head and bend your knees in repetitions … and that’s what she’s having to do with the therapist … and they’re having to push her past the 90 degree mark … horrible!
Anyhoo … so … yep … some of the fruits have some slight bruising on them and need some work … not just for this situation … but for many I’m sure …
Anyhoo … just keeping it real … and like I said … we could all find some fruit issues in all of us … and I’ve learned – it’s not my job to be a fruit inspector for anyone else… it’s my job to be my own personal fruit inspector … and that’s what I’m trying to do. And some days … some fruits are tastier than others! =0)
Please say a prayer for Mom … I just got back from the surgeons office, picking up a new prescription for pain … AND we have to take her in on Monday to be checked, just to make sure the incision sites are okay and that every thing else is okay. We’re just praying this new drug works and she has a better weekend!
... But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galation 5:22-23
No comments:
Post a Comment