Friday, March 28, 2008

I Won The Lottery ...

I now know that you don't HAVE to wait at an eye doctor's visit for two hours!


Today ... was totally a "fluke" and according to my doc - says it will probably never happen again! - ha!


I had an appt. at 8:25am this morning ... Nate had me there at 8:15am ...


I walked in ... signed my name at the window and the lady said, "thanks, you can come on in" ...


WHAT?!??!?!
You mean I don't have to sit and read your "out of date" magazines and glaucoma brochures for the next 45 minutes before you call me back?


crazy ...


the nurse does "her thing" ... and then dilates my eyes out the wazoo ... and sends me out to the waiting room "to dilate" ...


usually I sit and wait 20-30 minutes before they call me back again ...


less than 5 minutes later, they call me back in ... WHAT??!?!!??


(but I'm not fully dilated) ...


they took me to a different room and said, "he'll be right in"


oh my goodness ... did I win the Retinopathy Patient Lottery? And I get to zoom through this horrible process without the added "wait" time?!


two minutes tops, he's in the room ...


I'm astonished ...


and all I can say is "we've made history today" ... ha!


he of course questioned my statement ...


and he agreed ... this was a fluke and would probably never happen again!


oh well ...


we'll just act like we won the "Retinopathy Patient Lottery" and get on with our day ... knowing this will never happen again!



crazy ...


yep ...


but ... was happy I didn't have to wait today!


got there at 8:15 ... was at the front door waiting for my ride (can't drive afterwards) at 8:40 ... CRAZY ...

so ... report is ... new bleeds in both eyes ... there is some pulling on my retina in the right eye - which is being closely followed ... (and might require corrective dreaded surgery that has been put off for good behavior) ... go back in 3 months unless "something happens" ...


yada, yada, yada ...


however ... VERY grateful for this report ... my prayer "once again" was that all would be well "for now" ...


isn't "later" always better than "now" ?


hmmm ... in some cases - I think so ... and this is one of them ...


not in the mood for hospital admission, anesthesia, corrective surgery, and taking a chance of vision loss ...

not today anyway ...


happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Oh Tammy, I will pray for your complete healing. So scary. I'm glad you're okay "for now."