Tried a new place today ...
Karla and I "try" to do breakfast once a week - lately that hasn't happened ... so we're trying to start that tradition back up ...
anyhoo ...
We like to try "different" and "unique" places ...
well ...
think we found it!
We went to the ...

It's like the coolest place ever! I didn't realize until I got there that it is spelled with a "pf" instead of "f" ... ha! Interesting story (talked with the owner while we were there) ... the owners name is Penelope Pfutner - thus the "pfunky" name!
I have to admit the "novelty" of it overtook me for a bit! - ha!
it was SO weird having a griddle in the middle of the table ... and on top of that ... fixing it myself!
- which I didn't mind ... at least it's "my spittle" on the food if I so choose! - ha
anyhoo ...
they bring out the batter, spatulas, plates, cooking spray ... everything you would need to "cook"!
... neat place ...
they are open everyday except Monday ... and Saturday and Sunday are usually standing room only ...
- breakfast 'pancakes' are the specialty ... and then an array of other breakfast items ... including biscuit and gravy ... cinnamon laced batter and freshly baked wheat bread to make your own french toast!!!!!!!
We had all you can eat pancakes + one topping for $6.99



this topping was fresh blueberry ...
They serve Organic 5-grain batter and unbleached white batter pancake mix ... and you have a choice of at least 12-15 different toppings that included fruit, nuts, chocolates, etc. ...
they bring the toppings out in a bowl and you prepare it all at YOUR convenience ...
I ordered eggs, bacon and pancakes ...
so ... the waiter brings out two eggs in a bowl and and sat them on the table ... and said, "you cook them"
alrighty then!
I hate to admit it - but I did ask the waiter if I could split the tip with him! (was only poking fun)
It was so weird cracking eggs at the table and frying them on the griddle ... it was like I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing ... but -very cool concept and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

"at a restaurant" I'm so used to the waiter/waitress bringing my food out all at one time, HOT ... so I really had to stop and think about it ... I want my eggs hot, my bacon hot and my pancakes hot all at the same time ... hmmm ... it was quick simple planning ... but not a big deal and was fun ... (just didn't want my eggs running into the pancakes ... OR Karla's food - ha! - one table shares one griddle - so planning is essential)
Anyhoo ... would totally recommend it if you're looking for something "fun", "different", and "unique" in a dining experience!
They are open until 3pm and serve a variety of soups, salads and sandwiches as well for lunch - and all the sandwiches are "panini'ed"!
Very cool ...
Definitely TOP of our list for a breakfast adventure!
happy day ... tammy
1 comment:
Sounds fun...
Post a Comment