Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Search For The Perfect White Shoe ...

So I went to bed last night and woke up this morning and it was March!!!!

Very profound huh?!

A serious DUH!

BUT ... our February was so intense, and I literally haven't been shopping, out of the house only to go to the grocery store, school, or hospital since January ...

AND ... all of a sudden ... it's time to think about flowers, Easter dresses, and spring break?!

that's just crazy!

AND ... after "more pondering" this realization this morning ...

EASTER IS 3 WEEKS AWAY???!!!!????!!!!

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!

Okay ... that just doesn't make sense!

So ... I actually have the "urge" to do some shopping ... AND ... my first thought was ...

what do I buy?

will it snow on Easter?

will it be chilly on Easter?

will it be warm on Easter?

Even though it's only about two weeks "earlier" than when you 'normally' think of Easter ... it just seems SO early!

Last year on Easter ... it was like the 2nd week of April (not sure - something like that) and it SNOWED!!!! We had an Easter program at church ... and LeAnna had to wear black for the program ... the only "warm" black she had was black velvet! So ... Easter Sunday Morning ... my child wore black velvet to church! That was very weird for me!

When I was a child ... my Mom insisted I had a new dress on Easter Sunday morning ... whether it took her a couple of weeks or a couple of months to come up with the money for it ... I had a new "spring" looking dress, some type of white shoes and purse and Dad always got Mom a flower to wear on Easter ...

it was our tradition ...

So to me ... this is natural ... and I always feel the need to find something "new" for Easter for LeAnna ...

Anyhoo ... still highly amused today by the fact that Easter is three weeks away! AND Palm Sunday is just two weeks away ...

never mind the fact of Palm Sunday's 'true meaning' ... I'm sure it is a very important one ... but for me it was a "gauge of sorts" ... meaning ... you are in some SERIOUS trouble if you don't have an Easter dress by Palm Sunday!



AND the pressure of it being two weeks away?!!?!?!???!?!!!!??

WHAT?!?!!??!!??

yep ...

those are my "first thoughts" this morning!



So ... we got a call from some friends in town last night ... and they invited us to dinner ...

it was nice to actually get out and go to a restaurant ...

we so enjoyed ourselves and had a great time ...

they didn't have the kids with them ... so LeAnna was highly disappointed ... but she's used to being alone so she was actually fine while we sat and talked after dinner ...



well ... I must go ponder more thoughts of how crazy it is that Easter is literally just around the corner!

Palm Sunday
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to:
navigation, search
For the book by Kurt Vonnegut Jr., see
Palm Sunday (book).

'The Entry of Christ into Jerusalem' mosaic by the Master of the Cappella Palatina in Palermo, Italy(Greco-Byzantine workshop, gift of Roger II, c. 1150).
Palm Sunday is a
moveable feast which always falls on the Sunday before Easter. The feast commemorates an event reported by all four Canonical Gospels Mark 11:1-11, Matthew 21:1-11, Luke 19:28-44, and John 12:12-19 - the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem in the days before his Passion.



happy day ... tammy

No comments: