Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Play, Eggs That Really Hatch and a New Snuggles - Now that's DRAMA!



WOW!!! Busy weekend ... actually busy last few weeks ... mainly in preparation for our Easter Drama that was this weekend ... (Saturday and Sunday performances) ...


This was LeAnna's first Easter Drama ... and wouldn't you know - I didn't get ANY pictures!!!! It didn't dawn on me that I should have taken my camera to one of the many practices we had last week ... every night actually ... I'm crazy ... oh well ... hopefully someone got a picture with her in it for memory's sake ... I couldn't take any during the performances because I was a part of the choir and we remained on stage the entire time ... Everyone did such a great job! Our favorite parts of the drama were the freeze frame scenes ... where as the music plays, the cast freezes in their position as the song describes what they are doing ... anyhoo ... Nathan was a narrator, sound man, and drummer for the live music and wasn't an actor ... I was in the choir and so ... we liked the freeze frame so much ... and were disappointed that we didn't get to freeze in one position for just about a whole song (harder than you think to do - and the cast did a great job!) ... that we decided to try it at dinner last night ... we enjoyed it so much that it might become a nightly ritual! ha! ... well ... it was funny to us ...


oh well ... anyhoo


LeAnna totally enjoyed herself ... and was SO excited to be a part of it! It was her main topic of discussion all last week ... =0) She had fun!


LeAnna got her traditional Easter basket Sunday morning ... but not a "traditional" Easter picture! She had to be in costume for the drama, so no Easter Sunday "traditional" pics ... just these getting into her basket ... =0)








We had a nice surprise yesterday ... well, Nana had the nice surprise ... of opening her grill to grill steaks and this is what she found inside ...


REAL Easter EGGS!!!!
LeAnna got so excited ... I got so excited too!!! Years ago ... one particular office I had at the hospital, had a window (which is nice for long hours at a desk) ... and a bird wove her nest on my window sill ... I was able to watch the eggs from the stage of being hatched, to cracking, to opening up and revealing baby birds, to the mother teaching them to fly ... I know it sounds crazy - but I LOVED this experience ... I captured all the "moments" with pictures (of course - ha) ... it was just a neat experience for me ... I know it's a natural, common thing to happen every day and has for a gazillion years ... but to be able to actually "see" it instead of just "knowing" it happens ... is very cool ...

So ... anyhoo ... discovered the nest around 2pm ... and took some pics ... then about 6pm the first egg cracked (which proves the nest had been in the grill for awhile ...


Then this morning ... I went over to check on them ... I got down really close to see (we moved the nest from the grill to a large flower pot - and prayed the mother bird would find her nest again) ... and ... well ... she did ... how I know? I bent down REALLY close this morning to SEE if anymore had hatched ... AND ... the mother bird was in there sitting on them (which I did not know) ... until she flew out at me and I jumped backwards ... yep ... scared me to death ... thank goodness I had just used the bathroom or I would have had a problem! Anyhoo ... she flew away and the nest revealed three eggs hatched ... here's what I saw ...



Eyes not even open yet ... such a cool process ... yea! And very educational fun for LeAnna too! I'm sure I'll be posting progress pics ... =0)

So ... remember the post about Daisy EATING my flash card with all the pictures on it for the school annual project?! Well ... I made SPECIAL effort to get dressed early this morning and be at school for the first Library time ... which is at 8:15 ... got there ... signed in ... got to the Library ... can't get in ... THERE IS TCAP TESTING THIS WEEK ... no scheduled Library times ... AAAHHHHHHH ... what in the world! Okay ... so next week! Oh My Goodness ... crazy I tell ya!
I had sent an email of apology early this morning to the lady over the annual and also told her starting first thing this morning I would be at the school with my camera ... and she emailed me back saying it was okay, she understood, for me not to worry ... just to get the pics to her as soon as possible ... however ... she doesn't know yet that I can't take pics until next week due to testing!!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!

Okay ... so ... maybe a better week this week?!

However ... Nana surprised us with some "news" this weekend ...

She's getting a new baby this Friday!

Yep ... Nana is going to be the proud new Nana of her very own dog! WHAT!?!?!?!?

I'm thinking ... we've got a Princess and a Daisy ... what more could you ask for right?!
Hahahhahahahah ... rrrriiiiggghhhhttttttt ... guess that's why she wants her own little dog that's not SO hyper ... He is a Shih-Tzu ...

I mentioned yesterday that Princess and Daisy would have to initiate "Snuggles" (I think that's what she's calling HIM) ... and she said ... "Now, I don't want your dogs to make my dog hyper!"

ha! oh well ... we'll seeeeeee ... all I can think of ... is ... It's a BOY ... and Daisy is a GIRL ... and Daisy has not had her hysterectomy yet! AAHHHHHHHH!!!! And with my luck that I have ... we'll be having some Daisettes ... YIKES!!!!! Or "Snauzzhits" ... yack!

Well ... lovely ... something else for my agenda! I reminded Mom this morning that she has a full time job and that Snuggles will have to have close attention for awhile - being a baby ... hmmmm ... sounds like I'll be babysitting during the day ... OH MY ... like I said ... my agenda seems to be getting bigger ...


ha! oh well ... we are excited to meet Mr. Snuggles this Friday ... I'm sure he'll be a cutie ...


happy day ... tammy

No comments: