Monday, April 27, 2009

Once You Learn ... You'll Always Know ...


Another "First" ...




LeAnna learned to ride her bike without training wheels today!

For whatever reason, we haven't taken the time to just "take off the wheels" ...

but today ... Nate and LeAnna were washing the van and LeAnna said, "Dad, I want to ride my bike now" ... he said, "ok, how about we take off those training wheels" ... she said, "ok" ...

... that was easy! LeAnna doesn't like change UNLESS she knows every detail of how it's going to work or turn out ... so ... probably the reason it's been put off until now ... her motto has been (with several things) "let's do it next summer" ... or "how about the end of the summer"
and ... in 5 minutes ... she was doing it herself!


Woo-Hoo!!!

I had a crazy weekend ... and it wore me out (getting old) ... plus I worked like crazy all day today and I was just worn out ... so I had laid down to take a short nap ... when all of a sudden, the phone is ringing, yelling is coming from outside, knocks on the window of our bedroom (I was in "deep nap") ... it startled me ... and I jumped up ... ran outside ... and to my surprise ...

LeAnna jumped on her bike and took off!

I started clapping and then ran in the house and got the camera!

I was so very proud of her ...

It was VERY worth getting up for!










Very cool ... AND ... one of "those things" that once you learn - you'll always know!

happy day ... tammy

5 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations! WOOOOOO HOOOO!

Jennifer said...

She is getting so big... Yay for LeAnna!!!

MeMaw Joy said...

Way to go! She is so beautiful and thanks for sharing her firsts with us!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww :) I was LeAnnas age when I learned to ride on our gravel drive when we lived out in Greenbrier. That is too cool....I got excited the other day because Bri actually got on her little car facing forwards! lol

TracieClaiborne said...

Wow! I am proud of her. We got Caroline a new bike and I have the same picture of Mike walking with her but she never would let him let go!!!! LeAnna is brave. Tell her I said so. I wish she could give Caroline a pep talk on bike riding.